Request Timed out.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
DaveBreadofLife
Follower
Follower

I'm monitoring four live cameras.  After a few minutes, I get a message on all the cameras that says "request timed out".  Why?

8 REPLIES 8
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

DaveBreadofLife,

It sounds like there could be another device interfering with your cameras communication with the base station. Consider relocating the base station so that no other wireless devices are near to it to further isolate the issue.

JamesC

CJrobb333
Aspirant
Aspirant

I as well have my Cameras saying timed out. These were set up at another location where the trouble began and after going to another resident, set it up again and we get the same problem. I log onto the site threw Firefox on Windows 10 and the camera 1 is 9 feet from the receiver with noting but air space, the 2nd one is 10 feet away with an open door way in between

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

CJrobb333,

Do you get the same behavior when viewing the cameras from a different browser (Chrome, IE11) or the Arlo mobile app?

JamesC

pul_19
Aspirant
Aspirant

i am having same problem with live viewing. I changed location of base station but still giving smae problem on my macbook, PC and Arlo movile app. 

JRD761
Tutor
Tutor

I am having the same problem.

I've tried rebooting my base station several times.. and still having the problem.

Doesn't matter if I'm viewing it on my laptop, my desktop, my cellphone (on my mobile network or on wifi)

My system has been working fine for the last 9 months until now.

I either get a "There was a problem establishing a connection to the media server" message, or "Request timed out".. sometimes it just says my device is offline or it says "Getting Status" and it never changes.

However, this is only happening on my 3 wire-free cameras. My ArloQ is working just fine..

I haven't changed anything in my home at all, and my internet conectivity is just fine (I'm getting 50mbps download, 10mbps upload, which is what I've always had).

Camera's batteries are 78%, 83%, and 90%. All show full signal.. And they're in the same place that they've been in since I installed them 9 months ago. Literally nothing at all has changed in my house or with the way they're being connected.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you getting recordings from your wireless cameras?  I suspect you need to create a trouble ticket since the base may be causing the issue.  Be aware that they'll likely want you to factory reset the base and start over so you might want to try that first.

pul_19
Aspirant
Aspirant

yes i am getting those 10sec recordgins based on motion detection. I just set it up like 2-3 days ago...its brand new system...i have not even opened the other 3 camera..only 1 to try out how things are working....so i am not sure if factory restore will work or not but i will still try that. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I don't know why a factory reset makes a difference on a new system but it happens frequently enough to be useful.  If the problem continues, take the system back to the store and swap for another.