Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Replacement Batteries, which are best?

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
RunningMelissa
Initiate
Initiate

I need to replace the batteries in my arlo camera, however being in Australia I can't purchase the new rechargable batteries. Having a look around online I can get:

• EagleTac CR123A 1700mA ultra high capacity NON Rechargeable battery
  • ArmyTek CR123A 1600mAh Disposable Battery
  • Olight CR123A 1500mAh
  • Titanium Innovations CR123A 1400mAh

Has anyone tried any of those in their camera and can confirm whether or not they fit? I've read some articles about certain CR123A batteries not actually fitting in the camera. Also any input as to which of those would be the best to buy would be great!

5 REPLIES 5
manfredz
Hero
Hero

someone else posted this in another thread

I have had success with purchasing Tenergy batteries and charger in Australia.

Go to a site called Ubuy.com. I have paid and had delivered the Tenergy charger and Batteries No Problems getting them here.

I have charged them and are now using  them. They seem to work great, the battery's indicator shows full.

here is the linc. https://www.u-buy.com.au/

Cheers

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

RunningMelissa wrote:

I need to replace the batteries in my arlo camera, however being in Australia I can't purchase the new rechargable batteries. Having a look around online I can get:

• EagleTac CR123A 1700mA ultra high capacity NON Rechargeable battery
  • ArmyTek CR123A 1600mAh Disposable Battery
  • Olight CR123A 1500mAh
  • Titanium Innovations CR123A 1400mAh

Has anyone tried any of those in their camera and can confirm whether or not they fit? I've read some articles about certain CR123A batteries not actually fitting in the camera. Also any input as to which of those would be the best to buy would be great!

Of the 123 NON-rechargeable batteries, all should fit... they should be the same size

The issue comes, TMK, only  with the rechargeables in the 16340/123 size ...those have manf's variance where some may not fit ( like to long )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
brorb3
Aspirant
Aspirant
brorb3
Aspirant
Aspirant

which recargeable battaries are good for my Arlo cam?

manfredz
Hero
Hero

If you can get them, the Tenergys are only ones certified by Netgear,  But make sure its the silver colored 3.7v and not the gold colored 3.0v.  I also use Nitecore rechargeables in one cam and very happy with it too. 

Avoid the no brands claiming 1600 or more mAh - wont be able to get more than 700mAh into a RCR123A.