Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Refurbished arlo camera - Says checking for update

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Srieng
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi there, 

I have bought a refurbished arlo camera and struggling to set up on the arlo app.  On a selet on the add new device  and click on select base station. It is coming to the screen saying (Checking for updates... Give us a couple minutes to search for any available firmware updates.) and it stuck there.

Could anyone give me some advice please.

8 REPLIES 8
brh
Master
Master

@Srieng,

The old way of syncing cameras fortunately still works. Briefly press on the Sync button on the Base followed by briefly pressing the Sync button on the camera. The blue camea LED should blink slowly for a couple of seconds then start blinking rapidly indicating that the camera has synced. If that does not happen, then the camera may be defective.

Brian

Srieng
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank for you comments. I did follow the instruction, everything like working fine. But on the app I try to add the base station into the app, but always stuck on the screen saying checking for updates available firmware for two hours. I have no idea how to solve the problem. 

Srieng

brh
Master
Master

@Srieng,

Have you tried to remove power from the base then powering it back up? That usually works for me.

Brian

Srieng
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for your reply. I did a few times, but it come back the same. And I also try to reset the base, now the camera light on the base is orange. Any idea?

Srieng

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
AV27
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having the same problem

Checking for firmware update failed

(server is taking too long to respond. please try again.),

I purchased today new from Costco 9/30/19

Was wondering if you filed ticket with support or if you were able to find a fix?

I'm ready to return tomorrow... if I can't connect the base with out issues.

currently I have 4 Lorex POE cameras connected on the same  Xfinity Router.

I was told shouldn't  have an problem adding the Arlo Pro 2 HD Cameras...

Thanks for any feed back / solutions.

brh
Master
Master

@AV27,

you didn't mention if it is the base or the cameras that are giving this message, or both. If it is the base, you might try to unplug the power for a few seconds and power it back up again. Also, you might check with your ISP to be sure that the router does not have anti-virus software built into it that is blocking the communications from the base to the internet. Also, you might want to be sure that ports 80, 123, and 443 are open on the router.

If it is the cameras that are giving this message, try removing the battery and re-inserting it. 

As a final test, you can push and hold in the button inside the tiny pin hole in the base until the LEDs on the base all start flashing amber, to do a factory reset.

Brian

AV27
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you.. I returned it today.
I tried the fixes to no avail. It was the base having connection