Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Red/Pink tint video and terrible RMA service

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Jwatt0918
Follower
Follower

I usually never leave bad reviews.  Its just bad PR, but this one is well deserved.  First of all, these camera systems are expensive pieces of equipment.  You would think for the price these are sold for, Netgear would take more pride in their product, but NO!

I purchased a brand new 3 camera set from Sams Club.  2 of the 3 cameras worked fine, but the third had a redish/pink tint to it.  After a quick google search I realized this was a common issue and made me question the longevity of the cameras.  I called customer support and after a 2 hour language barrier conversation I was given an RMA request for a new camera.  The representative acted as if I had won some type of prize that they were actually taking care of a broken, brand new product.

I received the replacement camera today.  the packaging was literally the worst I have seen, even buying from Ebay.  It had grass inside when I opened it (yes, that bad)  The camera did have a layer of bubble wrap over it, so kudos on that I guess.  I unwrap the camera to find a camera that was scratched up and was obviously a "refurbished" product.  I didn't pay $500 for a refurbished product.

As I am typing this my representative comes back to tell me that I will receive a new camera this time, however they are out of stock and will need to wait two weeks for it...WHAT!?!?

So now I have to send back my initial defective camera, keep the new scratched up refurbished camera, and then, in two weeks, when I get the new camera, ship back the scratched up camera.  Yes gas is free for me like everyone else.

This process and these cameras are a joke.  I was a HUGE fan of netgear and their products, but with this one, MAJOR FAIL!

1 REPLY 1
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Coincidentally, you've posted this in the Arlo Pro section. My recommendation is you take the entire kit back to Sam's Club and get an Arlo Pro kit. Arlo Pro is significantly superior in every way. It's worth any extra you might have to pay. It also doesn't use a mechanical pink filter that seems to get stuck in so many cameras. It responds faster to motion. The rechargeable battery is better. The ability to run off full time AC power or recharge with a solar panel is great. USB backup of videos on the Arlo Pro base station is useful if your internet isn't 100% reliable. The siren is handy for security purposes. Arlo Pro is what the Arlo should have been IMO