Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
daufhammer
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having a strange issue trying to watch recordings via the Arlo App on iOS.

Most recordings I can watch just fine.... they show up with a play button and play just fine. But for events that I watched live after getting a notification, they won't play (no play button even showing up).

So when I get a notification that there was motion detected on a camera, I then go into the Arlo app and click on the camera to see the live view because I am curious what it was. The camera still records a 30 second video like it's supposed to (while i'm watching live)... but later in the library, there is no way to actually play that video. A thumbnail shows up, but there is no play button.

I can log into my dashboard on my computer and view the video just fine. I can also save the video to my phone and it plays just fine on my phone.... but there is no way to play it on the app.

Any suggestions? I already tried updating the iOS app and have the latest version.

8 REPLIES 8
Dannybear
Master
Master
When you experience the issue on the phone, if you close and reopen the app will the recording play ok thence?
daufhammer
Aspirant
Aspirant

Unfortunately, force closing then reopening the app doesn't help. I tried that many times.

Dannybear
Master
Master
Ok, I can duplicate the issue with my setup.
iPhone 5s iOS v12.5.5
Arlo app v3.6.8
VMB4000
Pro2

I note the following.

If I live view camera and then trigger motion then the recording is labeled motion and plays ok.

If I trigger motion and immediately live view then recording is labeled as manual and will not play from library but download will play.

I have restarted phone, deleted app and rebooted Base station with no improvement.

If you have a subscription you can access arlo support via the app else you will need to wait for enough subscribers to initiate a fault case.

I will tag @JamesC and @ShayneS with this so they can be aware.
daufhammer
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the help troubleshooting Danny! I'm glad to hear you were able to replicate the issue and that It's not just an issue with my setup.

Now that I know it's not just an issue with me, I'll just work around it with downloading the videos or viewing them on my dashboard.

Hopefully others will report this problem as well and it can get fixed.

Thanks for the help!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

daufhammer,

What iOS version and device model are you using? We were unable to replicate this with the latest iOS version (15.5)

JamesC

akacasey
Initiate
Initiate

I am running os 15.5 and I am also having this same issue. I cannot play the video back if i get a notification, click the app, the live automatically plays (past the object that set off the camera), then the video says manual and I cannot view video. I use to be able to view the live and a minute later view the video. Now I have no idea what set off the video unless I walk out my door and see a guy going down the street. ver 3.6.8

Dannybear
Master
Master
I checked this again today and found it to be working again
daufhammer
Aspirant
Aspirant
Sorry for the delay. I just tried this again too and it works for me as well. Looks like the bug must have been fixed. Thanks!