Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Recording

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
melshel79
Aspirant
Aspirant

I tried to add a custom mode. It will not let me save it. When I am at home, I want the living room camera to NOT record when it detects motion and I want the two outside cameras TO record when they detect motion. How can I do this?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

You have default all on (ARMED) and all off ( DISARMED)

Go to MODE, click on ADD MODE

Name the Mode OUTSIDE ( so you know what it does ), follow steps.

At end in review of all your settings , at bottom of page hit SAVE.

If the save is grayed out, maybe try on a PC or other device

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
melshel79
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks! When I changed settings on iMac it worked. I could only check push notifications to be able to save settings. If I also checked email notifications the save button would be grayed out. My other problem I am having is my cameras aren't recording when motion is detected. I can manually record video and take snapshots and they appear immediately in my library. When I walk in front of the camera and trigger it to record, no recordings show up in my library. I believe all settings are correct. Any ideas?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Checking the email notifications also means that you have to select an email address.  It's listed there but you have to select it.  Then Save should work.

As for the recordings, are you sure the camera is detecting motion?  You can use the app as you walk in front of the cameras to see if the running man in the Devices tab for each camera turns amber which shows motion detection/recording.  ALso, when not detecting, are the running men black or gray?  If gray (disarmed), perhaps you haven't activated your new mode by clicking on it in the Mode tab.