Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 17 Replies
  • 24 Likes
  • 12 In Conversation
Jwoerkom
Tutor
Tutor

today after 6pm AEST there is no recording anymore from the 4 cameras i am using. Motion is detected, notification is send but no recording is taking place.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jwoerkom
Tutor
Tutor

problem is solved. all back to normal here in Newcastel Aus.

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
czyko
Initiate
Initiate

Same issue here in Colorado. Arlo servers not recording motion OR manual recordings. This system continues to be a dissapointment. No bother logging a call....

Tigrou95
Apprentice
Apprentice
Hello,
Same Probleme in switzerland the mouvement are detect but no record video in my library.

The live work.
kgl1x
Tutor
Tutor

Same in Sweden. Last recording 08:24 CET.

dkb
Initiate
Initiate

Same here in Perth Western Australia. No recording since 4pm Perth time. This is crap, we rely on these recordings for our peace of mind. Wouldn't be so bad if it was a cheap system but it costs a lot to set the Arlo system up.  I have been trying to problem solve this issue all evening, as I thought it was my own local problem. I have even upgraded my cloud subscription in case my free account was playing up. When will this problem be solved...Netgear please respond.  Very, very annoyed!!!!

jult
Star
Star

Since this morning 10:00 CET I have the exact same issue. I even see the orange running man icon detecting motion, but no video appears in the Library. Already tried changing Mode, create a new mode. Not anything, seriously, not one thing, changed at my end of the line.

I'm really pissed off about this, since I'm away from home and this makes me think someone is messing with my surveillance system, while obviously this is netgear's doing.

Please let us know when you've fixed this, so I don't have to go back home and powercycle the base (which I've already done before I left, it had synced perfectly with all the cams).

Perhaps this will finally make netgear realize you should allow us access to the base station and make the storage for videos LOCAL, so we can access them in our LAN whenever and however we want. This stupid cloud thing is slow and buggy.

Jwoerkom wrote:

today after 6pm AEST there is no recording anymore from the 4 cameras i am using. Motion is detected, notification is send but no recording is taking place.

FuzzyWolf
Star
Star

Same here in Adelaide, South Australia. For a security device, this is unacceptable for it to suddenly just not work.

3814Npr
Initiate
Initiate
Same here in Florida, getting alerts no recording, unacceptable
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Open a case with support using the Contact Support link at the bottom here.

Jwoerkom
Tutor
Tutor

problem is solved. all back to normal here in Newcastel Aus.

Tigrou95
Apprentice
Apprentice
Now IT works Again in switzerland 🙂
kgl1x
Tutor
Tutor

Cloud connection back for me in Sweden as well, film recorded after motion detected.

Quite irritated after spending one hour trobleshooting. Couldn't find any information regarding cloud downtime on the Arlo frontpage. They could have sent all users an e-mail to let is know there is a problem.

kgl1x
Tutor
Tutor

Or, maybe even better, support should be able to leave a message in the app!

manfredz
Hero
Hero

if the cloud servers were down, sending a message to the app might be difficult, but an email to all users should be manageable as could be a system status page on this forum.

dkb
Initiate
Initiate

Came back to life in Perth WA at around 9pm with a 5 hour window with no recordings.  An email to users would have been a big help or a cloud status page that we could check.  When cloud recording is the only option we cannot have such a major drop out.  I am considering upgrading my base station to the new version with the option of local recording.  Sent a support request about the outage and still no response from Netgear...not good enough!!

LovelyNot
Apprentice
Apprentice

Sorry, but this is NOT solved in any way whatsoever.

No video has been uploaded since about 13h CET today. My base and cams are all up and running fine.

Seriously annoyed now, netgear. Are you going to give us local storage now or what's the problem?

We clearly cannot depend on your retarded cloud storage system. I'd much rather have the videos stored on my own servers, both in the LAN with the cameras and some remote rsync or something, but everything BUT this unreliable 'surveillance'.

If there's been a break-in or vandalism or something during these downtimes, we're definitely going to sue netgear for the preventable damages.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

LovelyNot,

Are you still seeing this behavior? Is it possible there has been no movement near the cameras that would trigger recordings?

Consider intentionally triggering motion detection for your cameras to test, do they produce recordings?

JamesC

Jwoerkom
Tutor
Tutor

As I mentioned before problem was solved. Issue was that cloud system was down for a few hours.