Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Recording activating at login

Discussion stats
  • 16 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 9 In Conversation
DeadReckoner
Tutor
Tutor

Hi, I have 9 cameras, 2 base stations on my account. I use the IOS app with IOS 9.1 to login to my account. Sometimes right when I login, one of my cameras will start to record as though it has detected motion. But there is no motion. This is not isolated to one of the cameras. Seems random but on only one camera and only at login. I have messed around with sensitivity adjustments but that does not make a difference.

guess this issue would normally not be a big deal but when it happens to one of the cameras that's configured for alerts, all the motion alerts for that camera trigger. Any suggestions? I have also rebooted the base stations and recycled each camera but still have the issue

16 REPLIES 16
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Perhaps a very silly question but is it ACTUALLY recording or is it just a display issue?

DeadReckoner
Tutor
Tutor

It actually records.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I would try all the easy things first ( sounds like you did )...as you know, commands reside in the base, so after doing the phone sw.

( BTW, there are some glitches going on with ios 9.1 and arlo right now )

try;

Power reset

2 button reset

as a last resort, there is the factory reset. This clears out the problems 100% ( unless defective) but does require you to go thru the full set up and sync cams again.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Showguy
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Same thing here. Started about a month ago. 10 camera system, 1 camera will start a recording about every other time I open the app. Have tried everything with no luck. Very frustrating and a giant waste of batteries. 

Support has been of no help. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This issue has been escalated to the Arlo development team for further investigation. Those of you who are affected, are you seeing this occur on the iOS/Android apps only or also from the web browser? Do you notice it happening regardless of the mode your cameras are active on? For example does it occur even if "all motion off" mode is set? Any additional information on this will be helpful in our investigation.

Thank you!

JamesC

Memcor77
Guide
Guide
I have noticed it also. I use iOS 9.1 and it has happened with previous versions of iOS, it's also happening when u sign in with a web browser. And motion is set to on when this is happening.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This seems to be a difficult intermittent issue for us to replicate and track down. Can anyone who has been affected by this in the past confirm if it is still occurring?

Thank you,

JamesC

Memcor77
Guide
Guide
I haven't noticed it for about a week now. Seems like it has been fixed.
DeadReckoner
Tutor
Tutor

So, i started all over, reset everything. All worked fine for several days. Then I decided to set up my wife as a friend. She logged in today fro her iPhone 5c and the false triggering came back. At login, a camera will just start recording. Very annoying since I have email alerts set up. My iPad Air 2 is now triggering recording at login also.

fyi; I have one account with two base stations. 7 and 2 cameras respectively. 

Ive now removed her as a friend and login still triggers a recording. Seems to start a recording on a random camera. 

DeadReckoner
Tutor
Tutor

It may have something to do with me and my wife (friend with different email account) logged in at the same time. When she logs out completely from her IOS phone, the problem goes away. Maybe that can be recreated in the Netgear Arlo lab.

Tulley
Apprentice
Apprentice
I did have this issue. I would have nothing overnight (abnormal as I always pick up a cat or two) then as soon I open the app in the morning it would start recording BUT only on the camera that was abnormally silent. I use android.

I had this for about 3 days then did a soft reset of the hub and have not seen it since..
dave_510
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having the same issue, though it's always happens with the same camera.  Opening the app (either in response to an alert on another camera or just to the "camera" tab) sometimes causes this camera to "detect motion", even though nothing is there. Running iOS 9.2 and firmware 1.6.2_4344.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

dave_510,

Do you also notice this when logging in from the web ui or is it only when using the mobile app?

JamesC

dave_510
Aspirant
Aspirant

JamesC-

I haven't seen it on the web interface, but I've only used the web a few times.  I'm almost always using an iPhone to monitor and get alerts.

-Dave

Rustydogg
Guide
Guide

I have this same problem and it has been doing this for a while. What is the fix?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Rustydogg,

Consider rebooting your base station, using the on-off button. Allow the base station to come back online with a solid green power and internet LED and try again. Do you still see the same behavior?

JamesC