Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Receiving "Access rights are required to view your shared devices modes status." How to fix?

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Skibum1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just recently when I went in to adjust my camera mode and to turn off specific cameras, I was not able to and I received this message...’Access rights are required to view your shared devices Modes status.  Request permission from your device admin.    Any ideas on how to correct this?  Who is my device admin.?

thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Skibum1
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you all for your suggestions. I am back online. ARLO support had me do a hard reset on my base and they pointed that base to a new email account that I am using. Once that was done, I was able to sync all cameras and have thdd Ed ability to turn on/off and change modes. Thank you!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you the person who set the system up? Are you using the same email address and password for that account? Have you granted access to anyone? This sounds like you're using an account that was granted access, not as the primary user.

Skibum1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes I am the person that originally set the cameras up.  I have not granted access to anyone.   I have changed my email account /password within the last six months but had no problems after initially changing it.  Message appeared and my inability to change modes and turn on and off cameras just started within last week .  Thank you.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try rebooting the phone and reinstalling the app. Also try the web client to see if it's different.

Skibum1
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you all for your suggestions. I am back online. ARLO support had me do a hard reset on my base and they pointed that base to a new email account that I am using. Once that was done, I was able to sync all cameras and have thdd Ed ability to turn on/off and change modes. Thank you!