Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Receiving notifications but no recording is being saved...

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
CraigBecks
Follower
Follower

Our Arlo system is sending notifications but not saving all recordings only some. And just now I was in the app and saw it was recording something on one of the cameras, went to have a look once recording was finished and no recording has been saved. Any help on how to sort this out is appreciated!!!

12 REPLIES 12
Warnzie
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi mate, there are alot of fellow arlo users experiencing this same issue including myself. At this stage Arlo are aware of this problem to my knowledge. So hold on and see what happens. PS check my thread out if your keen to stay up to date with the issue.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The Arlo development team has isolated the cause and has resolved this issue. A small number of Arlo users in the Asia-Pacific region (including Australia) were affected and we apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. We have taken steps to ensure that this problem does not occur again and added additional monitoring tools that will detect potential issues in the early stages so that user impact is minimized. Your patience in this process has been greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

JamesC

Zcn
Aspirant
Aspirant
I'm still having the problem and ther no setting l can find to change recording length
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Mode tab, click on your base, edit any appropriate modes and the rules inside the modes. All settings are in there.
Zcn
Aspirant
Aspirant
Is your setting to adjust recording there
I can't find it
Red77Hunter
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am also having the same problem.. I am using samsung smartthings hub when an intrusion is detected it should record.. but no recordings are being capture on the arlo page.

I was able to do a manually recording but thats it,  I have also tested All motion active.. but still no recordings.  I also have the motion detection set real low, 20%.

And I know its detecting motion because i am getting the notification.. but no records..

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Red77Hunter,

Consider rebooting your base station and try again. Allow the base to come back online with a solid green power and internet LED and trigger motion detection. Are you still seeing the same behavior?

JamesC

Zcn
Aspirant
Aspirant
Rebooted serval times still not working!!!!!! Why
Zcn
Aspirant
Aspirant
Anything else I can try
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Is the running man for your camera in the Devices black or gray?  Gray is disarmed and won't record.  Can you record manually while live viewing? Does it show up in the library?

Zcn
Aspirant
Aspirant
I do have black running man
Do have recording in library when l record manual
But nothing in library after notifications since
October 27
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you tested the motion detection yourself by walking across the FOV (not directly at the camera)?  Have you checked your sensitivity setting in the Mode tab?  Click on your base and then edit any modes/rules you have and see what the sense level is - it defaults to 80% but you may need higher.  Be sure to save any changes.

Post a screenshot from your camera - maybe it's just a positioning thing.