Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Re: Base station will not connect to internet

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Benyu
Follower
Follower

I had the exact same issue with sporty2k. The internet light is solid green, and the base station gets its IP from the DHCP.

When within the same router, my android app cannot get status of the base station, and shows "Your base station is not connected to the internet.". It does the show the notifications of motion detection. But once I want to view the video, the app goes to login UI.

Do we need to configure anything on the router for the port forwarding?

1 REPLY 1
David_NG
Arlo Employee Retired

Benyu wrote:

I had the exact same issue with sporty2k. The internet light is solid green, and the base station gets its IP from the DHCP.

When within the same router, my android app cannot get status of the base station, and shows "Your base station is not connected to the internet.". It does the show the notifications of motion detection. But once I want to view the video, the app goes to login UI.

Do we need to configure anything on the router for the port forwarding?

Hello Benyu,

If you’re getting motion detection notifications then nothing else needs to be done for port forwarding. I would recommend the following.

1. See if you can log into your account with another device like a desktop or laptop? If you can and are still getting the “your base station is not connected to the internet” but motion detection is still working I would power off the base station and turn it back on.

1. If that doesn’t work I would rest the base station by pressing the the reset button. 

Also If you would like to PM (private message) me I can open up a case for you and schedule a phone call to resolve this matter.