Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Re: Base station will not connect to internet

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation
metrex
Tutor
Tutor
Hello. Here is the info you asked for:
Serial # on base station is: #. 48914C71A0CD8
LEDs on BaseStation are
Power=Green
InterNet=Amber.
All others = OFF.
8 REPLIES 8
gioruiz08
Aspirant
Aspirant

Do yo get help?  Im in the same situation... mine wont connect to internet. 

ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired

Good afternoon gioruiz08,

One of the most common reasons the Arlo base station will display an amber Internet light is due to the upload bandwidth being just at or below 1 MBPS. I recommend doing a speed test on your network to determine if this is contributing to the issue you are experiencing.

Please visit: http://www.speedtest.net/ and click "Begin Test" highlighted in neon green.

You may also want to check in with your Internet service provider to see if they block any type of Internet sites that upload content.

Please let us know what your results are. It could benefit other members in the community!

Thank you for all those who have contributed to this thread.

Best Regards,

Christine

Arlo Team

____
Please click KUDOS or REPLY if you found this helpful.
Starbird
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same problem as others have described here.  I tested the speed and have about 1.5 Mbps upload speed.

The serial number is 48915276A0F9A.

I have switched out cables.

Tried sync + reset.

Changed router ports.

All to no avail.  Recommendations?

dj
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a lit Power LED (green) but no lit Internet LED (at all). Reading your post indicates that you need at least 1MBPS to use the product. Is that true? If yes, where in documentation is this mentioned?

JennC
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi dj,

Please see What are the minimum requiremen​ts for installing my Arlo system?

Regards,

JennC
NETGEAR Community Team
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

dj wrote:

I have a lit Power LED (green) but no lit Internet LED (at all). Reading your post indicates that you need at least 1MBPS to use the product. Is that true? If yes, where in documentation is this mentioned?

The upload speed has nothing to do with being connected. It may affect the usability of the system and lower video quality but you should still be able to connect. It seems like the usual problem is a setting in the router, perhaps not getting an address from the DHCP or blocked ports. Check your router setup and see if the base station has an address. If you've changed any setting in the router, check to see if reverting to the default helps.

Sgallowway
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ok. My VMB3000 will no longer connect to the internet. Any suggestions? I have changed out the ethernet cable, I have moved the ethernet cable from one port to another, I have rebooted the bvase station, I have rebooted my router. My cameras have been offline since August.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
What are the LEDs on the base showing? Have you opened a case with support?