Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
APGR
Tutor
Tutor

I have something really weird happening when I leave my camera on in my lounge at night. The room is totally dark and once set up I go to another room to take a look at the view I get. This obviously triggers the infrared. A number of times I have observed random white lights of different sizes moving around the room often in an erratic manner. It is really odd. Nothing in the community appears to have any topics in this so I'm puzzled. When I've tested the camera I have then recorded 20-30 sec clips and these lights are as clear as anything. Spooky! Someone please tell me these have a scientific reason and aren't something else. When I've showed the clips to friends they also think they're weird and can't think of anything that would cause they random lights whizzing around my room in total darkness which can't be seen with the naked eye. 

84 REPLIES 84
Bill33523
Guide
Guide
You are so lucky that your orbs are only “dust”. Unfortunately, upon closer examination, I discovered that my orbs are definitely of paranormal nature. I downloaded the footage and then went frame by frame checking each one close up and one of the orbs was of a human type form. Two nights ago my door camera picked up hundreds of orbs swirling around and, although I was rather shocked as to the large number of orbs, I dismissed it as “bugs”. After downloading that footage, I did the same thing and I could plainly see two heads within one of the orbs. Needless to say, I am very discouraged and upset that this paranormal activity is taking place in my home. Although they haven’t bothered me, just knowing that they’re here is bothersome enough. Best wishes to you and yours.
Lisa911
Initiate
Initiate
I just bought the arlo security system with 3 cameras. It came with 3 cameras. The same thing you are describing is seen in my sons room, but no other rooms that the camera is set up? We just bought this house in June so I don’t know much about air flow in the house entirely how it affects. All cameras are in the house. I wasn’t able to see your video on utube, but I would be curious to see if I have the same issue.
Dan2nice
Aspirant
Aspirant
Mine didn’t float, it flew across 2 room.
CompCriminal
Tutor
Tutor
When I got hurt at work at work and had to go on workers comp I automatically became the biggest criminal and had a drone follow me everywhere. My small room with no windows is pitch black until I look at the camera and it looks like the sun is shining in. I don't know exactly what they are but not ghost some kind of drone produced lights. And I am not dullusional has so many people think I have the video to back me up. O know this post is old but it felt good just to get it out. Thanks
Arlo451
Initiate
Initiate
I have the same problem only in 3 rooms but when mine happens the orbs are very small to the size of basketballs.when the size is bigger stuff falls.i dont believe in ghost I need a logical explanation because I cant figure it out
steve_t
Master Master
Master

It's dust. The IR illuminators reflect off the dust

sybersnot
Apprentice
Apprentice
I was "spooked" at first too. It's dust. It reflects off the uv light.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Well, it's IR light, not UV...  🙂

sybersnot
Apprentice
Apprentice
Non the less it's still dust
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Absolutely!