Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Raccon stole camera twice. Arlo Go camera mounted in tree

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
ngio64
Aspirant
Aspirant
I must have a very smart raccoon in my neighborhood. We mounted a camera in a tree in our yard 4 weeks ago. 1 week later a raccoon discoveyes it. The raccoon unscrewed it from the mount, carried it down the tree and pushed it around on the ground. Tonight the raccoon came back and stole it again. Any suggestions of a raccoon proof mount? I am using the one that came with my system and screws into the camera, not the magnetic mount. https://youtu.be/Kx9tokl8GlA
6 REPLIES 6
ngio64
Aspirant
Aspirant
Any way to edit to fix my typos? I spelled raccoon wrong in the subject line of my first post. And discovered.
Hula_Rock
Prodigy Prodigy
Prodigy

Not to be funny but........ that is the GREATEST ARLO capture in the history of this product !!!!!!!!!!

Have you tried locktitie (BLUE).  I'd also consider moving that camera before it takes its last fall.  Netgear needs to make a skin so you can teather the skin to the mounting base.

Also consider a chemical repelant ike Critter Ridder sprayed on the tree .  Godd luck and keep us informed if you find a solution 

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Racoon's are very stubborn and smart when it comes to things like that... Prob thought it was an egg   🙂

As mentioned above, will prob work, But I would also think of some kind of cage so it doesn't disappear.

Years ago I had a raccoon problem  problem and the only way to stop them was traps and then disposal.

Good luck, and yes, liked the vid too

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
manofice
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

That is a pretty crazy video, lol.

Geoff
Luminary
Luminary

What about fitting one of those Arlo Skins?

kevin4
Apprentice
Apprentice

I assumed you were using magnetic mount at first until I re-read it.  I was looking at using the screw mount and a strap to secure the camera to wall/tree in case someone/thing tried to knock it free from magnetic mount.  Do you have another arlo camera you can aim at the one he keeps stealing?  Love to see him unscrewing it!