Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

RMA return process... why is it so hard for them to email me my RMA # and instructions? good lord.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 8 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
maddidaddi
Star
Star

I completed the RMA process and never got the email. So I emailed. and emailed. then did a live chat tonight and the rep said " yes I will email you the information" then the chat got cut off...oops and still no email. they have all of my info, case number etc.  Do I really have to do live chat again? 

becoming more frustrated with this customer support

11 REPLIES 11
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey @maddidaddi,

Apologies if you did not receive an email regarding your RMA. I will follow up with you via PM to let the support team know regarding your case.

OhArlo
Initiate
Initiate
I am having the same problem. After many attempts to get the RMA information, I finally was able to submit my RMA yesterday. My credit card was charged yesterday, but when I attempt to check the status of my RMA... says ‘not found’. I have no idea what’s happening with it... no response to my email. Very disappointing customer support. 😞
ramcd
Guide
Guide

Same problem here. I've asked twice via phone and three times via online chat, but still no email!

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @OhArlo and @ramcd,

I'll reach out to you via private message to gather more information from you regarding your RMA.

Kronar
Initiate
Initiate

Same. I've been issued 3 RMAs now and the emails I get back NEVER contain an RMA number. If you click on the provided to "check status of your RMA" it goes to a page that doesn't exist. After HOURS on the phone with these people, the last customer service rep finally emailed me an RMA number separately. I went online and provided my credit card number to initiate a shipment since I've been without a working camera for a month now. Web site says it was processed. But no confirmation email, no tracking number,  nothing. And when I try to go to the webpage to check my RMA status??? You guessed it, the link to the RMA status page doesn't work. 

It really is life and sanity-draining dealing with this company. All I want is the thing I paid money for to work as it is supposed to (in this case, to simply charge its own battery when plugged in). Too much to ask, apparently.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @Kronar,

I sent you a private message to gather more information regarding your RMA. Hope to hear from you soon.

Jamokebob
Guide
Guide

I have the same problem. I had a chat session with an agent who sent me an RMA email. I filled out the form and my credit card was charged. I was supposed to receive an email with the RMA number but nothing yet. And when I click the link in the original email to check the status, the page asks for the RMA number!!!!! I dont have it yet!! What a crazy system. Please help.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @Jamokebob,

I sent you a private message to gather more information from you.

Roseharan
Initiate
Initiate
I cannot get anyone to call me back. I called for an RMA and the gal said she wasn’t trained and someone would call back within an hour. It’s been multiple hours and no one has called. Make me think they don’t care about their customers.
OhArlo
Initiate
Initiate
They had told me something similar... After waiting 4-5 days, I ended up calling THEM back. Took several calls/chat sessions just to get the RMA.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @Roseharan,

I have sent you a private message to gather more information from you. Hope to hear from you soon!