Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
iSage
Luminary
Luminary

I am truly at my wits end here. VERY, upset and frustrated...

Have 3 ARLO Wireless cameras purchased last November 2015. Within two weeks of purchase, one camera had to be replaced as it was viewing and recording in Red-Pink color.

Then a few days ago on 10/22/16 , one of the other cameras (pointed to my "Garage") starting doing the same - viewing and recording in red-pink color.  

All 3 of my ARLO wireless cameras are outdoors. I noticed if I took the "Garage" camera INSIDE, it viewed normally! It was only when it was outside and the temps were below 45 degress that it would view in that red-pink color.

Called Netgear Support, was given RMA # 1753423 / Case # 27574675, and paid a $16.90 fee to get it exchanged.

Received the replacement ARLO wireless camera yesterday (Wed., 10/26/16), and shipped back the original defective one back to Netgear in Tennessee, via FedEx

BUT...the REPLACEMENT camera sent to me is NO good either!!   I have spent HOURS re-setting and re-synching this replacement camera, and it works less than 1% of the time!!  It doesn't let me view "Live"  9 out of 10 times!

It throws one error after another and won't load - doesn't matter if I try to use a web browser on my desktop or laptop to load it, or if using the the Arlo app on my iPhone or iPad to load it and view "Live"! 

Here are the errors I keep getting, even though the other 2 ARLO wireless cameras are loading and viewing and connected just fine (as well as one ARLO Q camera that I have as well, all o nthe same base station/account):

Error Messages:
- Please Wait
- Request Timed Out
- Plugin can't be loaded
- Unable to play. Please try again
- There was a problem establishing a connection to the media server
- There was a problem logging in. Please try again later.

If it does on a RARE occasion allow me to view "Live" (on either the app or via the web browser), the image is skewed and and/or you cannot discern you are even looking at any particular object - it looks like a watercolor painting whose colors ran into each other! Or, within SECONDS of showing a "Live" view, I then get the error message "Request Timed Out" and the Live view will shut down.

Additionally, this camera has new batteries, and is now showing at 88%, AND alternately shows on the screen (battery icon), as being almost dead!

I've also checked, and re-checked all settings under the MODE and SETTINGS tab, and they are all the same as my other two wireless cameras.  It's not the settings causing the problem.

I have removed batteries (they are new), tried other batteries (also new), re-synched, re-set, re-booted even the base station as well as my modem and router, all to NO avail.  This REPLACEMENT camera is even MORE defective than the camera it replaced!

So, it boils down to me having had an original defective wireless camera that did view with no problems and no errors, except it viewed in red-pink color, and now I'm sent a replacement camera that is WORSE and in my opinion, even MORE defective because I cannot view "LIVE" when I want. The camera does detect motion, but that's about it.

Please also note the cameras software was updated and is running the same version as my other two ARLO wireless cameras (Device Info shows: Version: 1.2.7730 and Hardware: H7)

What can I do now? Who should I contact now? I'm already tired of paying and shipping back various wireless cameras to replace due to being defective/hardware problems.

What do I do when the REPLACEMENT is ALSO DEFECTIVE as well,  and of no use to me???

Thank you for ANY and all help!

-Susan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired

Good evening iSage,

Thank you for reporting this! I am sorry to hear that the replacement product is not performing as expected. I will reach out to you via private message to further assist you with getting this issue resolved promptly.

I look forward to working with you!

Kind Regards,

ChristineT

____
Please click KUDOS or REPLY if you found this helpful.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired

Good evening iSage,

Thank you for reporting this! I am sorry to hear that the replacement product is not performing as expected. I will reach out to you via private message to further assist you with getting this issue resolved promptly.

Kind Regards,

ChristineT

____
Please click KUDOS or REPLY if you found this helpful.
iSage
Luminary
Luminary

ChristineT wrote:

Good evening iSage,

Kind Regards,

ChristineT

Thank you so much, Christine!!

~Susan