Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Question regarding the system.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
neliuz
Aspirant
Aspirant

Is there a way or a future to just controll one camera with an app without using and setting up that netgear router?

Because the cameras have wireless transmitters ? And is it possible to store the video in another place than the arlo cloud based website ?

BR

neliuz

3 REPLIES 3
David_NG
Arlo Employee Retired

neliuz wrote:

Is there a way or a future to just controll one camera with an app without using and setting up that netgear router?

Because the cameras have wireless transmitters ? And is it possible to store the video in another place than the arlo cloud based website ?

BR

neliuz

I’m not sure what you mean by your first question.

“Is there a way or a future to just controll one camera with an app without using and setting up that netgear router?”

What Net Gear Router are you talking about? 

Are you referring to the Arlo base station that comes with the system? If so the base station is necessary for communication and is needed in your Arlo set up. You cannot access your cameras without it.  

As far a controlling your cameras with the app, Once you’ve created your account and synced your cameras you can use the mobile app or the web interface to log in and adjust any settings as needed.

When it comes to storing your videos and pictures all content can be downloaded from your library to any local device you wish to use. By default all videos and pictures are automatically store in the cloud. This option cannot be changed but you are always welcome to download any content you wish to save on any local device and then delete the content from your library. 

Always happy to help

The Arlo Team

neliuz
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, thanks for a reply,

I mean the 2 cameras comes with the box you plug inside your own modem/router. Can the cameras be used without that box, and what happends when i dont have internett ?

BR

neliuz

David_NG
Arlo Employee Retired

neliuz wrote:

Hi, thanks for a reply,

I mean the 2 cameras comes with the box you plug inside your own modem/router. Can the cameras be used without that box, and what happends when i dont have internett ?

BR

neliuz

Hello neliuz 

The base station is required for camera use. Also Arlo requires an internet connection to view cameras while streaming, access recorded content and adjust settings within your Arlo account. Without the base station or a internet connection Arlo will not function.

The Arlo Team