Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Push notification to 'Arlohomesecurity'

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
moretonbay
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi. I'm the administrator of our Arlo security camera set up. I've Granted Access to my partner via her Gmail email address. She accepted the invite. I have allowed access rights to all 3 cameras we have.  I can see all this in the Arlo app).

She hasn't tried to access our Arlo system (using her Gmail) on her Win10 desktop (her Chrome version is up to date by the way) for some time - > 14 days. When she tries to logon with her account name she gets the following: "We don't recognise this device. We sent a push notification to Arlohomesecurity to verify your identity. This screen will automatically diappear when verified. Notification expires in xx.xx

Question: how can we verify her desktop device ? What is Arlohomesecurity ? I don't get a notification on my android phone and neither does she - not surprising as her phone number isn't registered with Arlo. All notifications for the Arlo app are turned on to Show.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dannybear
Master
Master
You need to review the 2FA settings in your account. Primary device is where the request is sent to.
I prefer to use the mobile as it is easier than using email.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Dannybear
Master
Master
You need to review the 2FA settings in your account. Primary device is where the request is sent to.
I prefer to use the mobile as it is easier than using email.
moretonbay
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for your fast response. A few things from your reply:

Primary device is my mobile phone. So you are saying that when the person I've granted access to tries to signon to a device that needs to be trusted, I will receive the request to my mobile/email, not them ?

If I need to confirm a (new) trusted device, I get a confirmation notification to my phone OK but never see an email to my registered email address - though I swear the email address is correct.

Re. review my 2FA settings, it's turned off on the mobile app but I can't see a way to turn off on the browser/desktop. Is it turned on or off ?

My partner gets the message regarding Arlohomesecurity - I've never seen it on my devices. What is 'Arlohomesecurity' ? From what you are saying, shouldn't that be my mobile phone ?

And where is my mobile number in my account Settings ? I can't see it ?

Thanks in advance.

PS. Let me know if you need any images ? I can attach to assist.

Dannybear
Master
Master
Have a read of the knowledge base first.
https://kb.arlo.com/000062288/What-is-two-step-verification-and-how-do-I-set-it-up

Read all before going further to not get caught out.

You’re partner will have her own separate account so she should set up get hers sent to her email or mobile device.

Edit: forgot to add the next link.

https://kb.arlo.com/000062289/How-do-I-edit-two-step-verification-settings
moretonbay
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks. Followed the instructions (some small details different on my phone but) OK. Seemed that Arlohomesecurity was the Trusted Device name given to her phone by presumably Arlo (phone called something else entirely in her phone's Settings, About Phone). But found that though she had added her email address for 2-step, there was no mobile phone number to send SMS notifications to. So added her mobile phone number to Arlo app in Settings, Login Settings, Two-Step Verification, Add SMS Verification and saved. Now login notification being set to her phone OK. And seems OK.

She'll restart her desktop and try again to ensure all OK later today. And I'll close this ticket if all OK. Much appreciate your guidance.

moretonbay
Aspirant
Aspirant
Works now that her mobile number is added. Thanks for the assistance. Much appreciated. Paul