Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Push notification is different from video stream

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
hochartz
Aspirant
Aspirant

So here's a weird one. I armed all 5 cameras today (2 inside, 3 outside). I normally don't arm ALL of the cameras when I leave, just at night. My dog isn't feeling well, so I decided to arm the inside cameras as well as the outside to keep an eye on her.  I get push notifications that motion is detected on "Front" (the front of the house), but the video clip shows video from one of the inside cameras (Living Room), but there's no movement or anything that would have set the motion off inside because my dog is sleeping at the opposing end of the house. What the heck???

9 REPLIES 9
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Any chance cameras got swapped around?  Does live view show the proper scene for each camera?  Is it the same if you use both the app and a browser?

hochartz
Aspirant
Aspirant

No, the cameras haven't been touched. The live stream is accurate.  It now appears that the "front" camera is not recording at ALL when I have the entire system "armed", but it IS working when it's in the mode I created for when I'm away during the day.  It is the same through the app and browser.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

hochartz,

It sounds like something has been changed with the rules for the camera. Check your rules and make sure everything is set up as desired.

JamesC

hochartz
Aspirant
Aspirant

hochartz
Aspirant
Aspirant

Nope, everything is as it should be. Push notifications and record video on motion for each of the 5 cameras. I'm perplexed.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Try flushing the cache for the app and browser.
hochartz
Aspirant
Aspirant
Didn't work. I got a push notification this morning that motion detected on front but video clip was from living room where there is no motion. Don't know what else to try besides deleting everything and starting from scratch.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
I agree. No idea why the mix-up.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

hochartz,

Definitely an odd issue...it really seems like something has gotten swapped around with the rules for the camera in question. Please let us know if removing all cameras and resyncing resolves the issue.

JamesC