Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Push Notifications for IOS 13.6 stopped working - Arlo VMB300 base station

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Concorde
Aspirant
Aspirant

Problem:

I have been using 4 Arlo cameras with the VMB3010r2 base station (most current firmware version: 1.12.2.12_774_64c24b1) for several years. Email and push notifications for motion detection to my iPhone 8 plus have worked without a problem until the past few days when I made a change to the system. I added a Arlo Pro 2 camera to the system. I used my iPhone to do the setup. The camera connected to the base station without any issues and worked perfectly. However, after doing so, I no longer received push notifications to my iPhone. I made no setting changes to my Arlo App version 2.17. Push notification and email notification were enabled in the app and in IOS. Do Not Disturb on iPhone was off. However, I did continue to receive email notifications.

Troubleshooting:

1. I shut the Arlo app down and rebooted my iPhone - no push notifications

2. I upgraded the Arlo app to the most current version 2.2. - no push notifications.

3. I reset network settings on the iPhone - no push notifications

4. I rebooted my base station - no push notifications

5. I deleted the Arlo Pro 2 camera - no notifications

6. I checked my iPad Pro with the Arlo app - notifications worked perfectly. They apparently never stopped working.

7. Installed the latest Arlo app on my wife's phone and logged in - notifications worked perfectly.

Conclusions:

Based on the above, it seems that there is not a problem with my Arlo hardware or my Arlo account. The problem seems to be with my iPhone and the Arlo app running on it. My guess is that the data on the phone associated with the app is corrupted. The obvious solution would be to delete the app. However, other posters have done this without success. Apparently, the data is not deleted from the phone with the app.  Another poster indicated the restoration of notifications using a workaround: resetting and erasing the content of the iPhone. This tends to confirm that the problem is a data corruption issue. However, erasing all of the apps, contacts, music and photos is not a practical solution. 

I would appreciate any help that any of you can provide. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Concorde
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,

My wife’s phone is an iPhone 7. That said. I was able to solve my issue by deleting the app and then reinstalling it. Notifications worked perfectly after doing so.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Regarding number 7. "Installed the latest Arlo app on my wife's phone and logged in - notifications worked perfectly."

Which phone is your wife using (Android/Apple)? If it's an iPhone, which version of iOS is she using?

Concorde
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,

My wife’s phone is an iPhone 7. That said. I was able to solve my issue by deleting the app and then reinstalling it. Notifications worked perfectly after doing so.