Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Problem signing in to Arlo account

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
dssxxxx
Aspirant
Aspirant

When I am away, using geofencing. Home.....disarmed and using schedule. Away....armed. 

I very rarely get alerts, even though I know there have been packages delivered and  the golden retriever walks around (not all the time but at a couple times a week when not home). 

Why doesn’t the app stay logged in?

thanks. 

6 REPLIES 6
dssxxxx
Aspirant
Aspirant

No one has an answer or suggestion?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

dssxxxx,

Are you signing out of the app or just minimizing? To receive alerts, the app must remain logged in and running on your mobile device.

JamesC

dssxxxx
Aspirant
Aspirant

Not signing out. I just leave the application (open) and move on to another. When I check it later, it starts by signing in. 

What now???

tnx. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

dssxxxx,

The session is still active but you'll see the app automatically sign back in (providing you don't explicitly log out), this is normal. This will allow push notifications to still come through. Are you noticing content in your library that you did not get an alert for?

JamesC

dssxxxx
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes. Video’s in library but no email notifications. Numbers showing amount of vids but again, no email motivation. Yes, email notification is selected. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Is it possible the emails have been flagged as spam?  Maybe deselect email notifications, save and reselect.  Try a different email address.  Remove the original email and reenter it.  One of these should work.