Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Previous owner left two Arlo cameras. Need to purchase Base Station? What model?

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
KRT
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello! The previous owner of our new home left two Arlo cameras outside attached to the home.

In order to use these do I simply need to purchase a new base station? Not sure which model they are as I'd have to get on a ladder to check! Anything else I should know?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Hopefully the previous owner has removed those cameras from their account. You should be able to buy a base station, claim it and then connect the cameras with no issues (there's no reset on the cameras except to remove them from an account).

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes... older cameras ( arlo hd, pro, pro2 ) will work with any base, the Pro3 and Ultra need the newer Smart hubs ( bases )

So, more than likely they are older cams.

See if you can post a pic of them

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
KRT
Aspirant
Aspirant

Looks like only one is an Arlo. So, I should be able to connect to this without too much trouble?

The other one looks like a "Realink". I suppose I couldn't use that with the Arlo system correct?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@KRT wrote:

The other one looks like a "Realink". I suppose I couldn't use that with the Arlo system correct?

No, you can't.

KRT
Aspirant
Aspirant

Could you tell me which kind of Arlo/Netgear camera this is? Does it take batteries? If so, which kind are best? Thanks!!IMG_7342.jpg

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

These take CR123 batteries. Look online for best prices since local store often carry them for something like $10 for two (the camera takes 4). There's also a certified Tenergy rechargeable set that costs more up front but you don't have to keep buying batteries afterwards.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jguerdat wrote:

These take CR123 batteries.

Just want to add that these are the original WireFree cameras.

BradyMc13
Aspirant
Aspirant

Sorry to bug on an older thread but I have a similar situation. I was curious, do I need to reset the cameras? Former home owners left two cameras behind, I was debating Ring vs Arlo, but this may push me to Arlo, depending on if I can get the cameras to work.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Hopefully the previous owner has removed those cameras from their account. You should be able to buy a base station, claim it and then connect the cameras with no issues (there's no reset on the cameras except to remove them from an account).

BradyMc13
Aspirant
Aspirant

Gotcha. So, once they remove we could sync them, but not before? Really appreciate your assistance!

Also, the camera has "Netgear" on the side, not Arlo. Looking like it is the Netgear HD model, not sure if that has any impact.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@BradyMc13 wrote:

Also, the camera has "Netgear" on the side, not Arlo. Looking like it is the Netgear HD model, not sure if that has any impact.

No, that doesn't matter.