Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Power went on and off arlo now off line

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Domokos
Aspirant
Aspirant

power was cycled on and off by a storm. Now system is off line. I am remote from the home for 2 months how do I reset the system remotely

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Due to the power outage, there is not much to be done remotely.

You do have future options tho. 1) a wemo type outlet that can be toggled off - on to reset the base  and 2) what I recommend ; is a UPS for the base and router.... ( many on site do this ) , it will keep the base online and not have the issues your going thru now.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Domokos
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the input. Does the system always behave like this? There is no retention of sign-in configuration if power or internet is lost?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It seems to be a race condition. If the base becomes ready before the router, it seems like the base doesn't connect properly. Preventing the outage by using the UPS for the modem, router and base works well but a WiFi switch that the base is plugged into is an easy way to reboot the base remotely in any case.

Domokos
Aspirant
Aspirant
Power is up . But internet is down due to microwave antenna being jarred by winds. When it is redirected and internet is restored will the Arlo come up automatically?
Thanks
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It should happen automatically.