Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Possible to have camera stop motion when using geolocation while having another record motion?

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Rgctx
Aspirant
Aspirant

Recently bought the 3 pack from WM Black Friday. This is my question about setting it up.

Is it possible to have one camera stop motion when I use geo location while still having another camera record motion ? I haven’t been able to locate in settings.

Basically in the past I used a service called CammyCam, I had three cameras, one inside and two outside. The outside ones would always record motion and the inside one was setup to only record when I was away using the geo location option, when I would arrive the motion would shut off. Trying to achieve the same setup with Arlo.

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes. Read the FAQs here on creating custom modes and create as many modes as needed. One would probably have all cameras in it and another would have only those cameras desired with rules. Any camera without a rule is disarmed. You can then use the schedule if you might be home but want to automate some switching between modes as well as geofencing. 

When setting up GF, use the schedule or the mode without the indoor camera for Home and the mode with all cameras for Away.

Rgctx
Aspirant
Aspirant

I was able to find this, however your only allowed to choose one custom mode per Base Station, im starting to think i would have to purchase a additional base station to even achive what im trying to do.

Thank you for your help.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Give us the details of your cameras and what you want to do and we can tell you how to set up the modes to achieve what you want. You shouldn't need another base station

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I have multiple custom modes per base. What makes you say you can't have more than 1?

steve_t
Master Master
Master

@jguerdat wrote:

I have multiple custom modes per base. What makes you say you can't have more than 1?

Same as I mostly use 2x custom modes "Day" and "Night".