Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Poor or no motion detection on Arlo camera. Tried removing batteries and reinstalling

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Secondthoughts
Follower
Follower

I am really having second thoughts about my purchase of this product.

The 4 camera system that I bought worked fine for 3 days and then our power went out for a few minutes. After that none of the cameras work right. They all have very poor motion detection so I call tech support and of course I had to speak with someone that speaks very broken English but I finally did understand them to tell me to remove the batteries from the cameras and reinstall them and this should solve the problem. So I did exactly what I was told and 2 of the cameras worked ok for a day and now none of them can detect motion unless you get within 2 feet. I would really love some input from tech support or other users that have have the same thing happen so that I might resolve this or I will be returning for a refund.

1 REPLY 1
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @Secondthoughts,

We're sorry to hear the experience you're having with your Arlo system. Have you tried referring to this article to optimize the motion detection for your Arlo camera? You can read here on how to optimize motion detection: How do I optimize motion detection for my Arlo camera?