Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Poor motion sensitivity even on high sensitivity. Any suggestions on extending distance?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Clemson
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have my camera mounted where it will show if anyone is walking up my sidewak, which is about 25ft. The issue Im having is that it doesnt detect motion until a person is right under it and then it starts recording and I cant see them. And I even put the sensitivity at 100%, still no change. Any suggestions on extending the distance of detection?

1 REPLY 1
brh
Master
Master

@Clemson,

With every new generation of Arlo hubs and cameras the reduction of lag time improves considerably. My Ultra cameras, for example are nearly instantaneous. Also remember that PIR motion detectors work best when the movement is across the front of the sensor, (side to side), and not head on. The only solutions that I can think of is to mount the camera so that any movement is across the face of the camera and if that is not sufficient, mount two cameras somewhat facing each other but giving you a complete view of what you want to see. There are other solutions, but they are more expensive.

Brian