Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Poor motion detection wire free arlo

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Ghostkitty
Aspirant
Aspirant
It’s not detecting motion unless within 3 feet now, every now and then it’ll pick up a car driving by that’s over 100ft away from the camera, but will not pick up anyone coming into porch that is within 5ft of the camera. Worked fine til last update
8 REPLIES 8
Ghostkitty
Aspirant
Aspirant
No one? Nothing?
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Ghostkitty

Have you adjusted the cameras positioning by chance?

What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far? I do not want to suggest anything you may have previously performed.

Ghostkitty
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have readjusted the camera several times now, I’ve switched the power management from better battery life, to optimized, to hq, and back. Adjusted motion from 10-100%. Moved the camera to a different location. I’ve unpaired everything and repaired it. So far no changes.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Ghostkitty

I escalated your case, please let me know how your case goes & I will be here to assist you. 

Ghostkitty
Aspirant
Aspirant
Ok Thank you very much.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

You are welcome,

I have provided your case number for ease of reference (41207274). You may also contact customer support anytime with the provided case number. I will have attached the support link here: Arlo Tech Support  

Ghostkitty
Aspirant
Aspirant
Well support has gone silent, they asked for a screenshot of the position so I sent that and haven’t heard a peep since.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Ghostkitty

I apologize for the inconvenience, I have escalated your case. Customer Support will be reaching out as soon as possible. Please let me know how everything goes & I will be here to assist you.