Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Please help me setup my 4 camera refurbished system...

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
PetersArlo
Tutor
Tutor

Hi

Hope there is someone who can help me setup my arlo 4 camera refurbished system that arrived  Christmas eve.

Ihave the base station lights all solidly lit and the cameras appear to be synced to the base station, however when it comes to using the app on either my PC or iphone i keep getting a couple of different errors as soon as I accept the terms and conditions. the usual message is "we are unable to claim this device"..to get help....".The other message is 'we're sorry, Arlo is currently unavailable".

I have opened a case file but yet to have it resolved. I have scoured the Arlo forums, but as I am new here I'm not sure if I'm looking in the right places ?

I have seen that someone posted a comment with the solution being in deleting the netgear account. i still have my Vuezone system but it is now disconnected and packed away as it's not usable any more?

Are my accounts conflicting and stopping the arlo from being "unable to claim' ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I need to get this up and running ASAP.

Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

TBMK, this is a problem that occurs with refurbished units...

It's the base unit is locked into an old account and must be cleared/released by Netgear.  This week, response may be slow due to the Holidays in effect.

( cameras are not locked to any base )

I also think that ( don't know if you did ) you should be using a different account /user name from the Vuezones.

The only chance you have, if any, is to do a full factory reset on the base and then re-set all up

( reset is hold in the base reset button for ten secs or so till the front LEDs falsh amber )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
PetersArlo
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks for your reply. I will try that. I think my Vuezone email and password was the same as i gave the new Arlo system. So from what I understand you are suggesting that I do a reset on the base station then login to Arlo with a different email address and password?

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

it couldn't hurt to try , but not sure it will make a difference if the base is locked to another user account

Morse is faster than texting!
PetersArlo
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks....tried 3 different email addresses and resetting base station, all to no avail.

Looks like I'll have to wait and see if I get a response from Netgear/Arlo and a resolution.

Will keep posting until I get this sorted in the hope that it may help others as well.

Thanks for helping anyway.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

PetersArlo,

I have reviewed your case and it appears to have been escalated. Please refer to your open support case for additional updates.

JamesC

PetersArlo
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks James. The case may have been escalated but haven't heard anything from Netgear for days now.

Will post again when i have it resolved. Doesn't look like happening this year though unfortunately.

Arlo4Lee
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have same problem as yours.  Try to reset the base still geting same message.

Did you get solution from the company yet?

PetersArlo
Tutor
Tutor

Hi...and Happy New Year !

Would have been happier if I'd had a solution to this problem but seems like the Netgear staff are on holidays.

I am hoping to get a reply in the next day or so and will post again when I have it sorted.

Did you open a case file ?