Pink Image/battery drain/constant recordings

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 In Conversation
coopertown
Aspirant
Aspirant

Have been on the phone with customer service for over an hour. Bought 5 camera pack, installed Friday, all settings at 80%, 10 sec recording. 1 camera, when the sun comes up it turns pink, 1 camera has recorded 2 10 second videos battery life to 70%, 1 camera has recorded a 10 second video EVERY 5-6 minutes for 48 straight hours. Went over how they were mounted, all correct to installation suggestions. All the customer service rep can give me is the canned answers they have written down. Was told "lets monitor the cameras for another day". RIDICULOUS!!!!!!!!

9 REPLIES 9
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Netgear will probably hate me for saying this but I think you should take them back to the store and get the Arlo Pro cameras instead.

The Arlo Pro are so much better in every respect: No pink video problem; better motion detection; less lag between motion detection and starting recording; no CR123A batteries to have to deal with since they have a rechargeable battery; audio; ability to charge off a solar panel; USB backup on the base station; built in siren on the base station, just to name a few things.

Arlo Pro 2 are a slight improvement over the Arlo Pro but the Arlo Pro is a huge leap better than the Arlo HD wirefree

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

coopertown,

Have all of the camera updated to the latest firmware? You can find the latest releases here: Release Notes

JamesC

coopertown
Aspirant
Aspirant

yes James, I do have the updated firmware, remember these have been out of the box 7 days now. The firmware was updated before installed. Same camera is still turning pink EVERY morning. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If new enough, swap at the store. Otherwise, open a case with support for a hardware problem.

Alster63
Aspirant
Aspirant
Similar issue as yours. Bought new in May 2017. Worked great for a few months, then a month or two ago it started recoding a 10 second video ever minute or two. Reset everything, rebooted, etc., still recording crap-ton of videos with no motion. Finally, one night it recorded 600+ videos - in the last 50 or so, the image started to gradually cloud up/change color then the camera quit altogether. Tried new batteries but still no LEDs illuminate & it’s dead as a door nail. The tech support sucks sooooo bad! Have you had any luck? Do you return it to the retail store where purchased or exchange via mail or? Hopefully you’ve gotten somewhere with yours?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Wow! Does no one read the posts here? The answer is in the post just above yours!

Alster63
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks jguerdat for reminding me not to buy another Netgear product ever!
Maybe we don’t have time to read through page after page of problems posted by other customers in the world’s clunkiest support app. This Arlo support site is the absolute worst! Email is blocked, chat doesn’t work, when I’ve called in the past for help, it was like trying to teach my dog long division & then I get a snarky response from you. Adios Netgear.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If you aren't going to use even a tad bit of initiative to look for exisitng solutions, especially one that's JUST ABOVE THE POST YOU WROTE, goodbye.

kesuk
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same issue as most here....bought on 6th Jan 2018 fitted same day ..pink images - support people offered to RMA  the cameras, after I did the "take them down reset - re-pair" advise thing 3 times, waited for 2 weeks and got a "we are closing you call e-mail"...no RMA paperwork ever arrived...chatted to them again yesterday....wanted my creditcard to replace them, lots of appologies but usual online tech support reading from an idiots guide - paid £300 for 3 cameras, been up and down ladders 3 times to reset them and now being asked to give my card details to get them replaced  - useless support not impressed at all - diabolical customer service.  Teh Pink screen issue is a known problem with these, hence why the later modles use differnt tecnology. Like me you probably bought them becasue they were on offer - th ey are on offer becasue they don't work and the hassle you have to get NETGEAR to suppor them is like pulling teeth out.

Just printed off the returns label to send these back to Amazon for a refund.

Garage.PNG