Password protect usb Flash drive

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
magnuso2
Follower
Follower

I am using the local Storage component of my arlo. According to arlo, the flash drive needs to be formatted as fat32. I'd like to be able to password protect the folder that holds all of the recordings. How can I do that? fyi use macOS operating system. If that is a problem, I can use a Windows computer. Please help because I've searched and searched to figure out the answer and can't find it

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@magnuso2 wrote:

I am using the local Storage component of my arlo. According to arlo, the flash drive needs to be formatted as fat32. I'd like to be able to password protect the folder that holds all of the recordings.

Unfortunately, you can't.

Edinburgh_lad1
Prodigy
Prodigy

You won't be able to do that. Password protected folders/drives need an exec file to unlock them (for example, on Windows). However, Arlo SmartHub won't be able to auto-run such a file to unlock such pendrives. It's be a great feature request for the Dev Team to consider implementing, whereby a dashboard of some kind - accessible via a browser or within the app - would manage encryption of pendrives attached to smarthubs. Wishful thinking, though.