Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Panning and Zooming information not found?

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Huevosgigantes1
Star
Star

Why was there no instruction manual or user guide included in my two camera kit? 

Only a quick start booklet was included.

On line, the thirty page information supplied omits what I have questions about- the panning and zooming. 

5 REPLIES 5
njy
Aspirant
Aspirant

the instructions and online information sucks.   I doubt panning and zooming works since I haven't been able to find any information on it either

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Huevosgigantes1, njy

What information about pan and zoom are you seeking? I would be happy to answer any questions you may have concerning the feature. Please let me know!

JamesC

njy
Aspirant
Aspirant

looks like to access pan and zoon, go into settings and select a camera under the camera settings.  There is then a pan and zoon section on the left hand side of the window.  click on the little camera on the upper right hand side of the picture and it will update the picture below.  Then there are two little green boxes than can be dragged around to frame your view.

wrdavid2
Tutor
Tutor

Okay... and what does that do for you????

I don't understand of what use is this pan and zoom feature??

Can you give us some examples???

thanks

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It simply crops the video so you only see what's important to you. No changes for motion detection, its only the view in videos. Note that it doesn't increase resolution at all.