Original wire-free camera not recording at night

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
plymouth
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo 4 ,Wont record at night when i need them the most cant login ,Timed out ,worst cameras ever .Will never buy arlo again .

13 REPLIES 13
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @plymouth 

Thanks for reaching out, are you still experiencing these symptoms with the night recordings? 

plymouth
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes still not recording at night .i have my paper dropped off at 3 am in my driveway and no recordings 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I this affecting all of your VMC3030 cameras or just one?

May I ask which troubleshooting steps you have tried so far? I don't want to suggest anything you have previously performed.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@plymouth wrote:

Yes still not recording at night .i have my paper dropped off at 3 am in my driveway and no recordings 

Have you tested this during the day - tossing the newspaper onto the driveway from where you think the delivery person is standing, and seeing if the camera detects it?

Motion detection range is about 25 feet, and uses a passive IR (PIR) sensor.  There might not be enough IR coming from newspaper to trigger the camera.  I've often found that my cameras don't trigger when someone tosses a package onto my porch.

plymouth
Aspirant
Aspirant

My Paper is delivered by car and drives up my driveway near the camera .

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@plymouth wrote:

My Paper is delivered by car and drives up my driveway near the camera .

If you drive your car on the same path, do you get notifications/recordings?

Try this both in daytime and after dark.

plymouth
Aspirant
Aspirant

It seems like after midnight they shut down and wont record 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@plymouth wrote:

It seems like after midnight they shut down and wont record 

That could be happening, but it is hard to tell if you aren't up and around during those hours.

Personally I wouldn't rely too much on the lack of 3 am recordings of the newspaper, since I think it is unlikely that you know how far up the driveway the delivery vehicle comes (and how far the newspaper is tossed).

plymouth
Aspirant
Aspirant

Okay thanks your just bull **bleep**ting me you have no idea what happens here your just making excuses .Arlo is junk cameras ,never again 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@plymouth wrote:

Okay thanks your just bull **bleep**ting me you have no idea what happens here 

This is a user-to-user forum.  I don't work for Arlo and I don't make excuses for them.  If you want to talk to Arlo support, then use the chat or phone contact info in the support area of the app.

FWIW, I was trying to help isolate the problem.  As I said, you could be exactly right on the cameras not recording at night.  But it's hard to be certain when the only info we have is what you post. 

plymouth
Aspirant
Aspirant

Sorry my bad but im sick of these cameras .They use to record all night long and now nothing during the night ,I thought you were arlo 

plymouth
Aspirant
Aspirant

I know how far he comes up the driveway with his car and tosses the paper up on my side step and goes past the cameras twice and no recording  .We use to pickup cats during the night on the camera i have the camera on 100% sensitivity

.Thanks for your help 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@plymouth wrote:

I know how far he comes up the driveway with his car and tosses the paper up on my side step and goes past the cameras twice and no recording  .We use to pickup cats during the night on the camera i have the camera on 100% sensitivity

Might be worth swapping the camera with a different one, and see if the other camera detects the motion.

These are the original Arlo cameras? (the model that uses 4 CR123 batteries?)