Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Duffy666
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've had 4 Arlo cameras for close to a year now. When I have one installed on my front porch 10 ft. off the ground by my front door it will alert to any vehicle driving by. I've adjusted the sensativity in 5% incriments from 100% to 25% .... from there I switched to 3% incriments and I am down to 5%!!!! it's still going off. I'm 30 ft. from a major road. is there ANY % werer I can have arlo monitor my front porch??????? or is this system a complete waste of money and time!

My real model number (not available in the drop down menu is  VMS3430-100NAS

4 REPLIES 4
Duffy666
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo POV Front door.jpgUpdated with a POV snapshot from the arlo camera in question.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Based on your picture, a possibility is the large amount of reflected IR from the porch floor.  This would likely be due to the sun's angle at this point in time and would change as the sun's position changes. Does it only happen during the time the sun is shining strongly on the porch floor?

Duffy666
Aspirant
Aspirant

Happens all time of day, cloudy days, sunny days don't matter. I brought the sensativity down to 1% and it still goes off every time a vehicle passes. 

I just turned the cam on and brought the sensativity to 5% and it went off immediately. 

Arlo_User_2
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can you aim the camera down and to the right so it's not picking up IR as vehicles pass?