Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
smthshrn9
Follower
Follower

I had 2 of my 4 Arlo cameras stolen a couple of weeks ago. I have now purchased an Arlo Pro 2 with 2 cameras.
Firstly I think I read somewhere that the original cameras are compatible with the new base but could someone please confirm that?
My second question is I also think I read somewhere that the stolen cameras cannot be used as long as they are still synced to my base. If this is correct then will the cameras still be synced if I remove the old base from my account?
The reason I ask is I can only have 5 cameras hooked up at one time. If you include the stolen cameras I now have 6. I don't want to remove the stolen cameras because I don't want the thief to use them so if I remove my original base with those cameras attached and then attach my 2 existing cameras to the Pro 2 base will I then achieve what I'm trying to do?

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

All wireless cameras, except for Ultra until firmware is updated, are compatible with all bases so no problem.

Unfortunately, stolen cameras are not tracked or disabled. While it's possible that they could end up showing you videos of their new location, that won't necessarily help. Leaving them in place may provide a clue if they start recording but may not. You could purchase a second base and set the new cameras and base up on a new account (different email address) to separate the two systems.