Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Only secure if you're home

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Upsetuser240
Aspirant
Aspirant

So after reaching out to Arlo Support due to loss of internet connectivity, I was informed that Arlo is only meant to support you if you're at home. Jan let me know that they required us to be home in order for them to fix our cameras. Even though the internet had been back online for hours and the base station should have reconnected automatically. Therefore what is the purpose of spending any money on a subscription to notify you that someone comes in your door or window if you're suppose to be home for it to work? 

Jan - Home Security is meant to assist people when they're away from home. Why else are there options to notify the police via the app? I could just call them myself instead of paying someone to dial three digits. I am mortified that you told me any of this. I will be cancelling my subscription due to your lack of customer service. I make sure everyone I know is aware of what you said as I have it saved. You have literally made me hate this service, hate the fact that I'm on vacation - which living in California I waited 10 years in order to feel comfortable enough to do...and being 7 months pregnant. I hope to GOD you never have children. 

No one should purchase Arlo - As Jan clearly stated - it is a waste of time, money, and effort. Jan congratulations on your choice of career. You're a great advocate of what not to do.

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Well, you do have to be at home to physically check things out. How would you unplug a device or reinsert a battery remotely?

Upsetuser240
Aspirant
Aspirant

If the base station is meant to reconnect automatically I should not have to be home to "unplug and re-plug" in anything. If Arlo is advertising safe home while you're away this should mean I am able to keep my home safe and have the base station automatically reconnect as it is clearly advertised to me. What is the point of having home security at home if you must be home to use it. It was clearly advertised to us that we could go away from the home and have it protected. Why would I pay someone to dial three numbers when I could do that myself if I am at home. 

If an intruder is present what is the difference between calling and pressing a button? If they find you with your phone you're screwed either way. I do appreciate you standing up for them but that's a dumb response...no offense

Dannybear
Master
Master
I don’t believe you should pick on Jan as her job is to read the arlo script.

Regards the base station, you can install a smart plug to power cycle the base remotely outside of arlo control which usually solves most issues they have. I have these on all my arlo equipment to workaround arlo firmware issue.