Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Only 1 of my 3 cameras will sync to base unit

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
BakerDobnikar
Follower
Follower
First unit synced fine other 2 cameras won'the sync at all....read & followed directions....no luck, no phone support...
4 REPLIES 4
jabel
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have exactly the same problem...one camera synced and three have not.  I really am quite disappointed in Netgear.  I have a Netgear Knightkawk router and have liked it very much.  I also had the VueZone system and it was easy to set up and it worked for several years.  Netgear mostly forced me to move to the Arlo and I have tons of issues, but mostly I cannot get the cameras to sync...but for one.

KristynM
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

BakerDobnikar and jabel,

Please consider trying the following troubleshooting steps:

1. Reboot your base station. 

2. Open the battery compartment on your camera and then close the compartment to reset the camera.

3. Once the base station is online, press the Sync button on the side of the base station one time, the third LED should start flashing.

4. Bring the camera close to the base station and press the Sync button on top of the camera 1 time, the blue LED should start flashing.

Please observe the LED behavior of the camera after doing the above. The camera LED should rapidly blink blue while the third LED on the base station should become solid green.

I'm looking forward to your response.

Regards,
KristynM
Arlo Support Team
Highflyer70
Aspirant
Aspirant

Followed directions.    Cameras had blinking blue light that changed to rapid orange.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Highflyer70,

Welcome to the community! Rapid orange indicates the camera has failed to sync. Were you able to get any cameras to sync? Is this isolated to a single camera? If it is isolated to a single camera, after performing the above troubleshooting steps if you are unable to get the camera to sync, I encourage you to contact our support team for further investigation.

Thank you!

JamesC