Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

One of three cameras alerting me

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Hitch
Guide
Guide
One of my 3 cameras keeps going off on sunny days for no reason ??
I thought it was tree branches swaying in the wind or the shadow of the branches triggering it, so I trimmed the branches, but it's not helping, no wind today and it's sunny out, so I'm not sure why now ?
5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The sun's a pretty big IR source, likely your issue. Maybe more downward angle on the camera or a different location may help.

Hitch
Guide
Guide
If I move it more downward, it doesn't pick up anyone moving towards the camera until their past the viewing range, seems like this camera has a short distance range, it's mounted on a detached garage, the furthest away from wifi of my 3 cameras.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Any camera with a PIR (passive IR) detector will suck at detecting motion towards it. Motion should be across the field of view.

Hitch
Guide
Guide
That's probably my problem......I have it mounted above my garage entry door and pointed at the sidewalk that goes from my house to the garage, before it was over on the other end pointed across the driveway and yard towards the entry door and it worked alittle better. Thanks
Schorschi
Prodigy
Prodigy
Have you played with the sensitivity of the motion detection rule to see if that prevents the false positives from being triggered?

I have a camera that I have to tone down to a sensitivity of 80 during the day, because of the sun hitting my backyard at a bad angle, but I keep it at 93 at night time. So, I have one mode for daytime and one for nighttime and schedule them accordingly.