Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

One of our cameras fell

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Rug
Aspirant
Aspirant

One of our cameras fell and we are not availabe to rehang it until tomorrow.  Would one camera being on the floor and not detecting motion affect the outside camera from sending a motion signal notification?  I was notified when someone went inside, but not when I saw them leaving.  I saw them leave, but nothing was recorded in my library and no notification was sent to my iPhone or my email.  Has anyone experienced this? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Rug,

If you saw them leave, this implies you were live streaming the camera at the time the person was leaving. When live streaming, recording on motion detection is disabled (you can manually record by clicking the record button), so this is why you did not get a recording of the event.

JamesC

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

All the cameras are individuals, if one camera goes offline, it doesn't effect the others.

First is this really a GO camera or another model...the answer makes a difference

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
Rug
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am not sure. I just know they are the small wireless cameras. They were purchased for me while I was out of town.  But that makes sense they are inddependent.  Thank you for responding, but until I get back I can't respond any better. Appreciate your help

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Ok... If it is the original Arlo, then it takes 4 batteries...If it is the newer Pro model, then it takes a battery pack

Morse is faster than texting!
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Rug,

If you saw them leave, this implies you were live streaming the camera at the time the person was leaving. When live streaming, recording on motion detection is disabled (you can manually record by clicking the record button), so this is why you did not get a recording of the event.

JamesC

Rug
Aspirant
Aspirant

James C, 

Thank  you so much.  I discovered this was the reason when our firend went to put the camera that had fallen and he walked up to the main entrance.  I got an alert and it recorded to library.  So, I discovered if I've got the app open and it's on my phone or ipad then it's not noticing or recording.  Thank you again for your  reply.  Appreciate it very much.  

Rug