Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

One of my Arlo HD camera cannot sync

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
TTon
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just received a refurbished 5 Arlo camera system bought from Amazon. One of the cameras cannot sync, while other 4 work perfectly.

swapping batteries, resync  and reset the system multiple times did not help. The unsync camera flashed a blue light for 1 sec after closing the battery compartment door. There was no light during synchronizing.

Please advise.

TTon

3 REPLIES 3
steve_t
Master Master
Master

If it is a faulty camera, you'll have to contact Amazon. Sounds like you've done everything to verify it's not another issue eg flat batteries

TTon
Aspirant
Aspirant

My arlo camera cannot sync,  now problem solved after I did this maneuver:

Turn off and hard reset the base station (push the reset pin hole and the sync button on the base station while it is off for 15 seconds)

Resync the dormant camera with the base station. The camera woke up after a second attempt.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What you did didn't actually reset the base since as of quite some time ago (1.5 years) the firmware was changed to only use the reset button to perform the reset, plus the base needs to be on to work.  So, what you actually did was to turn the base off and resynched the camera.

To perform a true reset, press only the rest button, while the base is on, until the LEDs flash amber.  Remove all devices in Settings, My Devices and start fresh.  You have to rebuild everything, including settings and modes/rules.