Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

One of Five Cameras Stopped Working - Seems to sync, but does not

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
DSmith999
Guide
Guide

Have 5 cameras connected to base station. All have been working well for about 5 months.

Recently one, just one, quit. 

Have attempted to re-sync numerous times.

Have changed batteries even though I know they are good.

Have reset base.

I have deleted the camera from the list of devices.

When attempting to add it back it seems to sync properly.

Press sync button on base. Light blinks steadily. Press sync button on camera blue LED blinks steadily. Lights blink together for a bit, then blue on the camera blinks rapidly for 10 seconds, which I thought was the indication of a successful sync; however, nothing happens.

No camera appears or is added.

Again, this camera has been working perfectly and I have had no issues with any others.

Firmware: 1.2.4941

Thanks. 

11 REPLIES 11
vporfirio
Aspirant
Aspirant

Afternoon,

I am having the same issue did you find a fix for this? I have done all of the steps that you have mentioned and no luck.

DSmith999
Guide
Guide
Nothing yet. I've started a support case.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

DSmith999,

The troubleshooting above is all correct action to take to isolate the issue. Please let us know the results of your support case.

If you have any additional questions or concerns please let me know.

JamesC

DSmith999
Guide
Guide
Camera still not working. Changed out batteries in some other cameras that were drained so I gave this another try. While doing so I looked back at my support emails.
No kidding, these are the support emails I received:
First email, we need more time to research your issue.
Second email, your case is automatically closing.
No solution of any kind offered.
That was mildly frustrating. Going to see if I can revive the process.
DSmith999
Guide
Guide
I take that back. I did get a response that was the same steps as mentioned above. Going to try that one more time and see what happens. Also involved connecting micro usb. Boy, I feel like a heel.
tires
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

I have the same problem, I read all the comments and follow all the steps montion above still not working. I only have this camera for 3 months, what should I do?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

tires,

The batteries for this camera could be depleted. What is the LED behavior of the camera when you open and close the battery door?

For your reference: What do the different LED behaviors on my Arlo Wire-Free camera mean?

JamesC

DSmith999
Guide
Guide
Camera was defective and is being replaced. Just open a service ticket, go through the steps with tech support - essentially the same as what you've done on your own- and if it's under warranty and determined defective the return process is painless.

DSmith999
Guide
Guide
As was suggested above it's almost certainly not a battery issue. You can plug the camera into power via micro USB. Remove little white plug inside battery cover and hook to power that way to determine if it's a battery issue. That was one of eve troubleshooting steps in the process. Others were mostly questions. Are the other cameras working, what are the lights doing and so on.
Llewxam
Star
Star

I am having the exact problem.  One camera of five not working.  All other cameras sync and monitor just as advertised however one refuses to produce an image.  Batteries are new in all cameras, all sync, have reset several times...and again all work but the one camera.  This particular camera isn't two years old...is this a case of just toss it out and buy new?

Any help would be appreciated.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'd swap cameras around and see if the problem follows the camera.