One of 4 Cameras lost connection to Base Station

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
ColJC
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am away from home and one of my cameras lost its connection.  The other 3 are working fine.

I am away from home, is the a way to try to reconnect remotely?

Thanks,

John

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

John,  there is no remote rebooting of cameras... but remote reboot of the base is possible,

I personally haven't seen rebooting the base in these cases bring back the cameras that are dropped, but it is a possibility.

The again, before you do it... think, since 3/4 are working and your reboot to the  base fails , you may loose all.

I would leave it alone

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
ColJC
Aspirant
Aspirant

I was afraid remote reconnection trouble shooting for each camera might not be possible.  Something Arlo might want to try to include in the routers firmware.

Your thought process is exactly like mine, 3 of 4 are working and a reboot might cost me a connection to the other 3.

Thanks and I am leaving as is unless somebody has another response that sounds possible.

ColJC

callerp
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same here - happened to me twice last week - just lost conenction on a camera and no idea why - I took the batteries out and used new ones etc - turned the base off as well - and nothing - seems to be a serious fault?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

callerp,

After opening and closing the battery compartment door what is the LED behavior of the camera?

Consider removing the affected camera ( Settings > My Devices > select the affected camera > Remove Device ) and then going through the sync process again.

JamesC