Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

One camera keeps saying "Activity Zones disabled." No subscription and had it for 2 1/2 years.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
tornado6194
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 4 wireless cameras and a doorbell, the doorbell and three of the cameras work just fine, but one camera keeps saying activity zones disabled. I have no subscription and the system has worked fine for the past 2 1/2 years. Why is only one camera doing this? When I plug it in to recharge the battery it works just fine, but when I unplug it and put it back up the activity zone message comes up, but only on that one.

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@tornado6194 wrote:

I have 4 wireless cameras and a doorbell, the doorbell and three of the cameras work just fine, but one camera keeps saying activity zones disabled. I have no subscription and the system has worked fine for the past 2 1/2 years. Why is only one camera doing this? When I plug it in to recharge the battery it works just fine, but when I unplug it and put it back up the activity zone message comes up, but only on that one.

If the camera is powered with AC, then it applies the activity zones in the camera itself.

If the camera is not powered with AC, then the activity zones are applied in the Arlo Cloud and that requires a subscription.  This has been the case for quite a while (many months), it is not not new.

tornado6194
Aspirant
Aspirant

Then why are the three other cameras working just fine??

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@tornado6194 wrote:

Then why are the three other cameras working just fine??

Cloud activity zones definitely require a paid subscription.  No idea why are you aren't seeing a similar notificaton on the other cameras (unless of course they don't have an activity zone set).