Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
duckson
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi, over the last week my old Arlo system isn’t notifying or recording to the cloud, I have since noticed that the subs have changed and have bought the Secure multi camera sub.

However I am still seeing the same issue, from what I can tell about end of life they should still work with the new sub?

I have tried adding an activity zone to full screen as well as no activity zone (not sure I have to set one). 

Base unit VMB3010r2

5 Cameras H7 Arlo model. 

Any help would be appreciated!

5 REPLIES 5
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Can you livestream the cameras?

If you can, have you tried making a manual recording while livestreaming?

duckson
Apprentice
Apprentice

Just tested that and yes I can livestream and record a clip which saves to the cloud. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@duckson wrote:

Just tested that and yes I can livestream and record a clip which saves to the cloud. 

Ok. Though perhaps obvious, it'd be good to confirm that you are using the Armed mode.

I'd try the motion detection test next, just to make sure the cameras are still detecting motion.

If you haven't tried power-cycling the base, and removing/reinserting the batteries on the cameras, then I'd also suggest doing that.  (Just do one camera first, and see if it makes any difference).

duckson
Apprentice
Apprentice

I think I've sorted it......with you mentioning the pre-supplied 'Armed' mode I thought I'd try it as a test as I'm using custom modes for my setup normally. In 'Armed' mode everything worked so through a bit of elimination i realised that it seemed to be my Chime 2 causing the issue (i forgot about it in my OP!).

I'm just using the Chime 2 to alert me at night as it's much louder than my iphone noifications when in bed/asleep.

Anyway on all my custom modes i have it set to chime when the camera is activated, the normal 'Armed' mode doesnt have the Chime added.

Unplugged and re-plugged the Chime back in and everything seems to be playing ball again!

Oh and as I'm in the UK it looks like i dont need to buy a sub! The free 7 day cloud recordings should still work as before unless I've misunderstood what ive read.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@duckson wrote:

The free 7 day cloud recordings should still work as before unless I've misunderstood what ive read.

True for legacy cameras world-wide.  Arlo initially said they were going to discontinue the free storage on the EoL date, but the massive customer backlash resulted in their reversing that decision.