Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Notification settings in v1.7

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Barr
Aspirant
Aspirant

Since the recent Arlo upgrade (v1.7.1) I'm no longer receiving notifications when my motion detector sensors are tripped. When searching the new interface, on the web and on the Android app, I can't even find the notification setup any more. Can someone help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Showguy
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

In the wonderful down grade that Netgear has labeled 1.7 the notification feature is now hidden in "MODES" You need to go to "MODES" click on the mode you want to have "notifications" turned on.  Than you have to go into "EACH" camera and make sure "PUSH NOTIFICATIONS" is clicked on.  Now the next and most important part I really love; After setting push. Notifications "ON" ON EACH CAMERA you need to go back to the previous page to "SAVE CHANGES".. WARNING, THIS LAST AND MOST IMPORTANT STEP CAN VARY FROM BROWSER TO BROWSER AND IOS APP TO ANDROID APP. In other words the "SAVE CHANGES" feature is in different places on different apps.

Hope this helps 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Showguy
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

In the wonderful down grade that Netgear has labeled 1.7 the notification feature is now hidden in "MODES" You need to go to "MODES" click on the mode you want to have "notifications" turned on.  Than you have to go into "EACH" camera and make sure "PUSH NOTIFICATIONS" is clicked on.  Now the next and most important part I really love; After setting push. Notifications "ON" ON EACH CAMERA you need to go back to the previous page to "SAVE CHANGES".. WARNING, THIS LAST AND MOST IMPORTANT STEP CAN VARY FROM BROWSER TO BROWSER AND IOS APP TO ANDROID APP. In other words the "SAVE CHANGES" feature is in different places on different apps.

Hope this helps 

Barr
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks Showguy! Boy was that well hidden. Overall I've been satisfied with the product, but the usability of the interface is sub par. Thanks again.