Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Every touch on the screen in the Arlo app, the notification makes a sound on Arlo Android

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Geoff
Luminary
Luminary

Recently, every touch on the screen in the Arlo app, the notification sounds. Has there been an upgrade? It's damn annoying!

9 REPLIES 9
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @Geoff,

Can you clarify what you mean when a notification makes a sound when you touch the screen? Have you tried restarting your phone to see if that helps?

Geoff
Luminary
Luminary

Hi Jessica

I have rebooted my phone and it is still the same.

When the app loads a notification sounds.

If I select a camera, the notification sounds.

If I select 'library', the notification sounds.

......and so on and so on.

Each touch of the screen to access a different screen within the app allows the notification to sound.

Even if the notification volume is turned off on the phone, the arlo app overides it.

I don't want to reinstall the app as all the modes etc would have to be reapplied?

Thanks for the help.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

What Android device do you have? I would suggest trying to reinstalling the app. Uninstalling the Arlo app won't have your modes changed. You can also access them through the web client on your computer.

Geoff
Luminary
Luminary

I have reinstalled the app.......still the same.

Android phone is Oukitel K6000pro

The Arlo app has only recently started behaving like this.

I wondered if an update has caused the problem?

Thanks

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

What Arlo app version are you running? And what Android version are you running your Android phone?

Geoff
Luminary
Luminary

What Arlo app version are you running?

Arlo app: 2.7.8_25585

And what Android version are you running your Android phone?

Thanks.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Try to go on to your Android phone's setting and turn off the notification permission, restart your Android phone, and grant the permission again to see if that stops the notification from happening.

Geoff
Luminary
Luminary

Still the same......unfortunately!

Thanks

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Let me create a case for you so our support team can assist you further. I'll send you a private message to gather more information from you.