Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Nothing will get my base station back online

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
TJune
Aspirant
Aspirant

It's been several months and my base station is still offline. It's so aggravating I can only deal with it from time to time. Spend at least an hour each time going through all the suggested steps and it is still offline. I have unplugged, reset, made sure everything is plugged in, etc. The internet LED is green. It is plugged directly into a router which is functioning fine. I have two cameras, both worked fine until the main power to the house had to be turned off for a few mintues for some (unrelated) electrical work. I removed both cameras and re-synched which worked fine but they do not show up in Devices - I guess b/c the base station is offline? Does anyone have a suggestion that is not already covered in the topics??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

TJune,

You indicate above that you've factory reset the base station, if this has been done you will need to remove the base station from Settings > My Devices in your Arlo account and then add it again by pressing the "Add Device" button, select base station and follow the on screen instructions.

JamesC

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you opened a case with support on the chance it's a hardware problem that can be handled with the warranty?

TJune
Aspirant
Aspirant

It's 18 months old, assuming warranty for for a year. But I will open a ticket with support. I have never updated the firmware, don't know how to do this so maybe support can help. Thanks!

TJune
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just spent 30 min going in circles trying to email support. First email disappeared before I sent it, now email isn't an option only the (not free) phone or live chat. So frustrating. I have the base station device info, maybe someone can tell if it needs to be updated? And how to do that?

Firmware: 1.8.9.1_13442

Hardware: VMB3010r2

Serial Number: 4893587AA3861

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The base firmware is up to 1.9.4.0_15548. Not updating firmware is a very likely cause for issues.

The email option has been problematic recently. I'm trying to figure it out but right now you need to use one of the other options.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

TJune,

You indicate above that you've factory reset the base station, if this has been done you will need to remove the base station from Settings > My Devices in your Arlo account and then add it again by pressing the "Add Device" button, select base station and follow the on screen instructions.

JamesC

TJune
Aspirant
Aspirant

That worked! Cameras are back online. Thanks so much.