Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Minburn57
Apprentice
Apprentice

Haven't even begun to read the posts since my last concerns, but back home today and confirmed that I have had 'zero' camera activity for 7 days when there should have been many instances with my holiday coming and going, deliveries, visitors when I had forgotten to prevent the system from operating.  My system set up properly for 'schedule' with only a single default custom mode in use along with brief periods of no operation while I"m home.  Have had it this way for years now.

Simple as that and simple question: what the is going on?

8 REPLIES 8
Minburn57
Apprentice
Apprentice

Well, go to check and all looks like its good, so go to reboot the base (don't ask why . . . . its the default response regardless of problem . . . not that it typically works for very long . . . ) and now can't get any of the cameras to go 'online'.  So now wondering, where  they all 'offline' over the past 7 days but no notifications or system display that let me know that??

What mess this system is.

Minburn57
Apprentice
Apprentice

. . . back to my monthly (or better) about with this system . . . .

Still no online cameras . . . . . . . . .

Minburn57
Apprentice
Apprentice

Inside of an hour later, cameras at least 'online', but now endless 'please wait . . . ' for these cameras during testing of them for visual.  I see the 'internet' light on the base station pulsing like mad with activity, now solid for a bit but no responses from the cameras.

Again, what a mess this system is.

The fellow in the UK with his cameras in France.  What 'all' of us fear . . . . . .

Minburn57
Apprentice
Apprentice

By the way, something 'odd' today . . . I'm having to push that 'Login' button (from PC app) 'twice' to log in.

Never had that happen before.  But its needed every time I want to log in.

Minburn57
Apprentice
Apprentice

And since getting things back up yesterday, not a single recording from any camera where there should have been many.

Checking status and all is good . . . lights, cameras . . but not action.

What the 

Minburn57
Apprentice
Apprentice

And like yesterday, even though all appears 'good', unable to go into any camera and capture video or photo on demand.

But base station and camera all indicating 'good' for all factors.

Again, what the Arlo?  Is this the year you'll finally just throw the towel in and claim that you aren't providing 'any' form of support any longer for these earlier cams and systems?

Minburn57
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yes, unrelated to performance and tech issues (at least not directly related) but how many on here are like me with a good $ invested and that is pretty much the 'only' reason you persist in trying to get this to work and stay with this brand?

Myself, I have a bit over $1K Cdn invested early on.  And the early two years actually little performance issues, that quickly changed and the system has been basically 'unreliable' since.

If I only had a couple hundred, these would have been to some e-recyclers dock a year or two back . . .

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support