Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Not seeing recording next day with CVR

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
gametime987
Aspirant
Aspirant

So I had a watch stolen from me on the 29th of June. I have a corded Arlo Camera directly facing the location of the theft, I pay for the 14 day cvr and Arlo smart. Upon noticing the watch missing late the next day I went back to the cvr recordings and started to review all 13 hours to try to see who did it. Time ran out and I had other things to do so I narrowed it down to just 5 hours.

I came back to it the next day to review this window of time and the recording was gone. I called Arlo and opened a case (40962990). The reps are foreign and I was told to send them picture proof on my phone and computer that there was no recording as if I’m incompetent but I complied. I was then told that this was a common problem and that an engineer was working on it and it should be fixed in 48 hours. 2 weeks later I still have no response so I call back. The rep REFUSED to let me speak to a supervisor. They then try to tell me that it must be an issue with my internet... I’m a full-time stock trader, if my internet goes out I lose money, I also have gigabit internet with both of my cameras 15feet from my router. I can pick up my internet consistently from across the street so this is indeed not the issue.

I trusted Arlo with the task of security for my home and they have failed me. I gave that company the money for the cameras as well as paid for 14days of cvr and “Arlo smart” at $99 a camera and they couldn’t care less about me. What am I supposed to do now that the one time I’ve NEEDED them they have failed me and now I find that their customer service’s goal is to waste my time until I give up. Do not trust this company with your money or the security of your home. They obviously don’t care about their customers and I’m just waiting for a class action to inevitably come around.

3 REPLIES 3
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

Did you have a memory chip in the base station to record locally?

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
gametime987
Aspirant
Aspirant

There’s no base stations. My cameras connect directly to the cloud to record 24/7

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@gametime987 wrote:
There’s no base stations. My cameras connect directly to the cloud to record 24/7

Your message did not say which Arlo devices you have.

If it is the Q Plus, then that can also accept a memory chip.

The only way that I have seen talked about for recovering recordings beyond their "see by" date is to buy a subscription that goes back 30 days and then to hope that it will give you access to old recordings.

29th of June is now beyond the 14-day window.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime