Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Not recording to library from Arlo cameras.

Discussion stats
  • 46 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 11 In Conversation
JRD761
Tutor
Tutor

Hello all,

I have 3 Arlo Cameras attached to the Arlo base station. I also have an Arlo Q. I've been running this set-up for about a year and a half now and I haven't changed anything to the system, my internet connection, or my devices I'm accessing the Arlo app & website from.

For the past 3 days I've gotten alerts on my Android Phone and iPad that "motion has been detected" on various cameras.The notifications mostly come from the 3 Arlo Cameras attached to the Arlo base station, but a couple have been for the Arlo Q camera. The video from the Arlo Q Camera is uploading to the library in the app and on the website fine, but there's nothing in the library for any videos from the 3 Arlo Cameras attached to the Arlo base station. The cameras are set to record for 120 seconds any time they're triggered.. but still, nothing at all. There appears to be some kind of disconnect from uploading the video recorded from the camera to the online library.

The 3 Arlo Cameras attached to the Arlo base station are all updated (camera firmware 1.2.10342, base station firmware 1.8.8.0_11528), they all show they are connected and have full signal strength. My internet connection is fine (94.30mbps download, 16.90mbps upload, all other internet devices have been working fine), I walk by the cameras at night and can see the IR lights activate and stay on for 120 seconds (so it appears the cameras are in fact recording), my rule settings still show they're suppose to record video for 120 seconds, and I'm able to view live footage from the app on multple devices and website. But the recordings never make it to the "cloud". 

Any suggestions?

46 REPLIES 46
JRD761
Tutor
Tutor

Also, I forgot to add: I have power cycled the base station several times (unplugged the power cord for 5 minutes), still experiencing this issue.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Open a case with support.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

JRD761,

Your internet speeds and firmware versions look good...do you see any difference in behavior if you set the recording lengths to less than 120 seconds (default being 10 seconds would be a good test).

Are you using any custom modes? Do you see the same behavior when using the default "Armed" mode?

JamesC

simple1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Well yesterday i did what was said to get it to record  log in remove the base station,then add it back,sync the cameras and it workMan Happyfor 15 min till i got all back into their positionsCat Sad then i stop recording again,my firmware is up to date everything use to work great when i first bought it,Im thinking about returning it as its getting to be a hassle.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

simple1,

Are you using the default Armed mode? Are all cameras showing Armed on the camera widget?

JamesC

simple1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hey thanks James for responding,I remove the base station 3 times and now it seem to be working for the past two days re sync all camers, will report on FRI.if all is still well 

simple1
Aspirant
Aspirant

So I set the cameras to 100% for motion and walk all around and in front of them,nothing happen,when I first bought this sysyem it work fine,my base station died and i got a new one now its not working like before,I think its time to take it back and move on to another product. This is too costly to have all this problems. Running a 100mbps.connection with it..

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

simple1,

Consider a base station reboot using the on-off button. Allow the base station to come back online and check your cameras to make sure they are armed before testing again. Do you still see the same behavior?

JamesC

simple1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hey thanks James did that a  cpl times the main problem is you got to set it to 100% for motion to pic up and 99% of the time it wont even pick up.The originall base station was  great. Reading of all the problems you'll are having im hoping Arlo are not getting to big for themselves

KenMorrison
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have the same problem. Actually I have 4 cameras. One wired and 3 wireless. Only the wired records to the library.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Are the running men for the wireless cameras black or gray?  If gray, check your modes in the Mode tab to verify that you have an appropriate mode activated.

Khan123khan
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi every one. I have arlo camera when i use the battery its record to library when i connect by wire and take the batteries out then its only record for 2 to 3 hours and then stop recording to library. Please anyone can help. Thanks
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Khan123khan,

The original Arlo-Wire free camera is not designed to be powered with a usb cable. Are you using the original Arlo Wire-free cameras (VMC3030) or a different model?

JamesC

Yodamom1
Tutor
Tutor
My Arlo is neither alerting me nor recording to library. I have turned on and off the base station but nothing seems to work.
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Yodamom1 wrote:
My Arlo is neither alerting me nor recording to library. I have turned on and off the base station but nothing seems to work.

Is it in Armed mode or in a recording mode which has rules to say that motion detection causes recording and notifications?

Yodamom1
Tutor
Tutor
It is in record mode. I checked last night and one rule was wrong. But still no change.
Yodamom1
Tutor
Tutor
It starts with armed and then next it will take me to the rule
Yodamom1
Tutor
Tutor
I had to set up a record mode for both cameras and save. I did not have record only armed that still showed the rules. They are working but what happened?
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Yodamom1 wrote:
I had to set up a record mode for both cameras and save. I did not have record only armed that still showed the rules. They are working but what happened?

If you set up a custom recording mode and there are no rules in it, chance are you forgot to click SAVE for each rule. You can go back into editing your custom mode and create rules and don't for get to click save. Sometimes it's way down the bottom of the page or sometimes even on the previous page!

Yodamom1
Tutor
Tutor
I saved it was working and than again last night quit.
rvrolyk
Guide
Guide

I may be experiencing the exact same thing as of today.  I have an Arlo base station (1st gen) and 4 (1st gen) cameras; the base is version 1.9.4.0_15548 and the cameras are all 1.2.16720.  Yesterday I received an alert and recording from one of the cameras and until that point had no reason to suspect anything was awry.  But today I received four alerts (push notifications on my iPhone) from 3 different cameras but no emails and no recordings.  I'm using the default "Armed" state.

I chatted with support for nearly an hour to no avail.  First they said my base was offline but after I told them I could view the cameras "live" they switched to telling me that I needed to reset my connection between cameras and base.  Since I'm not at that location, this is impossible at this time.  I did try rebooting the base (remotely) but that has not changed the behavior.

Yodamom1
Tutor
Tutor
I went to schedule and noticed the hours to be off. Once I fixed it it started to work.
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Yodamom1 wrote:
I went to schedule and noticed the hours to be off. Once I fixed it it started to work.

Great that it's working! So you'd been using Schedule mode the whole time

Yodamom1
Tutor
Tutor
I accidentally came accords it. My thumb hit the screen and a little window opened to change the recording times. Once I did that, knock on wood, it’s been working.