Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 46 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 11 In Conversation
JRD761
Tutor
Tutor

Hello all,

I have 3 Arlo Cameras attached to the Arlo base station. I also have an Arlo Q. I've been running this set-up for about a year and a half now and I haven't changed anything to the system, my internet connection, or my devices I'm accessing the Arlo app & website from.

For the past 3 days I've gotten alerts on my Android Phone and iPad that "motion has been detected" on various cameras.The notifications mostly come from the 3 Arlo Cameras attached to the Arlo base station, but a couple have been for the Arlo Q camera. The video from the Arlo Q Camera is uploading to the library in the app and on the website fine, but there's nothing in the library for any videos from the 3 Arlo Cameras attached to the Arlo base station. The cameras are set to record for 120 seconds any time they're triggered.. but still, nothing at all. There appears to be some kind of disconnect from uploading the video recorded from the camera to the online library.

The 3 Arlo Cameras attached to the Arlo base station are all updated (camera firmware 1.2.10342, base station firmware 1.8.8.0_11528), they all show they are connected and have full signal strength. My internet connection is fine (94.30mbps download, 16.90mbps upload, all other internet devices have been working fine), I walk by the cameras at night and can see the IR lights activate and stay on for 120 seconds (so it appears the cameras are in fact recording), my rule settings still show they're suppose to record video for 120 seconds, and I'm able to view live footage from the app on multple devices and website. But the recordings never make it to the "cloud". 

Any suggestions?

46 REPLIES 46
rvrolyk
Guide
Guide
Mine appears normal again as well; all I’ve done is the restart of the base. It definitely missed recordings this afternoon (packages left at door).
Fingers crossed it’ll keep working.
Yodamom1
Tutor
Tutor
Good my restart didn’t work. Somehow trying to get it to work, I must have messed up the schedule.
rvrolyk
Guide
Guide

Unfortunately it looks to be back in the same broken state.  The cameras were working this morning around 7am but here we are less than 5 hours later and they are notifying me (via iOS push notifications) but not recording or sending email Smiley Frustrated  I'll try a reboot again but this isn't sustainable so I hope Netgear fixes whatever's broken soon.

Yodamom1
Tutor
Tutor
Look at the schedule. Mine somehow got set for only a few hours. I’m still working.
rvrolyk
Guide
Guide

Thanks but unfortunately that's not it in my case as I don't use schedule.  I'm just using "armed" and "disarmed" (the basic built in states) and I'm using Stringify to switch them based on presence and a few other variables.  It's detecting motion and firing but it's not recording and I confirmed the system is armed when I get the alert but no recording.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

rvrolyk wrote:

Thanks but unfortunately that's not it in my case as I don't use schedule.  I'm just using "armed" and "disarmed" (the basic built in states) and I'm using Stringify to switch them based on presence and a few other variables.  It's detecting motion and firing but it's not recording and I confirmed the system is armed when I get the alert but no recording.

I reckon your problem lies with something Stringify is doing

rvrolyk
Guide
Guide
Perhaps; but I find it odd the system shows “armed” and alerts as expected, it just doesn’t record. I can’t imagine what Stringify would be doing besides changing the mode and given the mode shows correctly it seems like it should work.
But if it breaks again perhaps I’ll try using IFTTT instead and see if it behaves different.
steve_t
Master Master
Master

I know Smartthings does something funky and changes the recording rules to be stuff like Camera A motion detection tells Camera B to do nothing

After Stringify changes the mode, check the mode rules

rvrolyk
Guide
Guide
Thanks for suggestion. I checked the “armed” mode before contacting support yesterday and again just now. It’s the same as I set it up originally which is that all cameras email and record when motion is detected. I’ve also been using Stringify for quite some time without issue; though they could always have changed something.
If it breaks again tomorrow I’ll see if I can figure out if just manually changing the mode fixes it which should help rule out Stringify.
Yodamom1
Tutor
Tutor
I don’t either. But I had to change it to cover the whole day. Otherwise, it wasn’t working. I never did anything to the schedule until I came across it and noticed the times. It was an accident when I came across how to change.
rvrolyk
Guide
Guide

that sounds super strange for the schedule to apply if your mode is armed (not scheduled).  This morning the system armed (as it is set to) via Stringify when I left and it just triggered and recorded correctly.  So I don't think Stringify is to blame (or if it is, it's inconsistent).

I just double checked my schedule and it is set to 9am-5pm (which is how I set it before I started using Stringify) so in theory it should not have impacted the missed recordings.

bbradleyea
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same issue. One of my camera is not recording in library any longer. When I first purchased the three cameras from COSTCO I set it up and all were working. About a week or so later one of the camera just stop recording in the library. This camera is showing motion detection and it alerts me when there is motion but it fails to record in the library now. I can hit the record button and it records, it shows live but no recording in library automatically like before. I have tried everything but it is not working. Can anyone assist me with resolving this issue?

Belnda

bbradleyea
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks James, I will try this as well.

Belinda

steve_t
Master Master
Master

@bbradleyea wrote:

I am having the same issue. One of my camera is not recording in library any longer. When I first purchased the three cameras from COSTCO I set it up and all were working. About a week or so later one of the camera just stop recording in the library. This camera is showing motion detection and it alerts me when there is motion but it fails to record in the library now. I can hit the record button and it records, it shows live but no recording in library automatically like before. I have tried everything but it is not working. Can anyone assist me with resolving this issue?

Belnda

Did you check all your rules in your recording mode? What color is the "running man" icon above the camera in the device list?

rvrolyk
Guide
Guide

I wish I had some advice but mine just started working; none of my settings have been changed and I didn't touch the schedule but nothing has broken since my last post here.  Good luck.

bbradleyea
Aspirant
Aspirant

The 1-888 support memeber helped me get it going. All is functing now. Thanks

Belinda

bbradleyea
Aspirant
Aspirant

I had the wrong box checked. I call the 1-888 number and they helped me to correct my settings.

Thanks,

Belinda

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There is no 1-888 number for Arlo support. Dunno who you taked to but it wasn't Netgear.  Send @JamesC a PM with the whole phone number so a bogus support site can be dealt with.

To get support, use the Contact Support link at the bottom here and then again on the new page.

bbradleyea
Aspirant
Aspirant

There is an 1-888 number I got from COSTCO. It is for NETGEAR. My system is fixed and working well.

Belinda

bbradleyea
Aspirant
Aspirant

I contacted NETGEAR and I am up and running now. I didn't have the information checked correctly in MODE for that camera. Contact COSTCO and they will help you. 

Belinda

Ldld
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have for wireless cameras in the armed and motion detector on if something moves in front it notifies me on my phone after pulling it up it shows the little running man is recording afterwards it shows in the corner one recorded go to library upon checking  Library no recordings nothing there Rebooted reinstalled set up everything is the same it was working fine a week ago and has not recorded since

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Is it possible you have a filter set in the library? The funnel-looking icon at the top should be empty, not filled in. If filled in, click on it and reset it, saving when done.